Battle for berlin, Seelow hights

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Battle for berlin, Seelow hights

Postby Visco » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:34 pm

Hey guys, would it be intresting to do a try on the assult on the seelow hights and or the crossing of the Oder (and maybee the first fronttowns of berlin)?

i love to fight a battle were i know the defeat is close, but there would still be a chance to rescue yourself, aswell as i like to crush my enemy ;).

how about a battle were russia gets XXX time to take the suburbs of berlin or else Steiners army or Wenks army come to aid and help out (Extreamly unrealistic but a nice twist)

does it sound intresting or just BS ?
Visco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby benpark » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:23 pm

I would make it, but alas, I have so little time to even play games lately-let alone edit a new scenario. I had a Berlin scenario 70% done for BII, but never had time to complete it with a new job and my own personal work getting out of control timewise.

That said, I would make a map if others would do the OOB research, an AI and other data things.

A good place to look for inspiration would be something like "Against the Odds" magazine's game "Fortress Berlin".
benpark
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Doggie3 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:31 pm

benpark wrote:I would make it, but alas, I have so little time to even play games lately-let alone edit a new scenario. I had a Berlin scenario 70% done for BII, but never had time to complete it with a new job and my own personal work getting out of control timewise.

That said, I would make a map if others would do the OOB research, an AI and other data things.

A good place to look for inspiration would be something like "Against the Odds" magazine's game "Fortress Berlin".

The final scenario in the old Close Combat III was also a great battle for Berlin - across the Von Moltke bridge and to the Reichstag if I remember correctly. I think this would be a great scenario for the BF engine.

Cheers,
ImageImageImage
Doggie3
Major
Major

Return to Battlefront Scenario Design