Scenario Design

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Scenario Design

Postby rniles » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:09 am

I am working on a new scenario and I'm having trouble placing strongpoints. Specifically, there are no pictures for the strongpoints. Can anyone help?
rniles
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby CESteman » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:32 am

This would be right up Rob or JSS's road. Brubaker has already released a scenario so I am sure he could be a big help.
Christian
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:32 am

You need to specify which Country the Strongpoint belongs to first. As the picture that will be used will depend upon which countries graphics it use.

So assign a country to the strongpoint and then you should be right to select the graphic to use.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

unit graphics

Postby hank » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:59 am

Can somebody point me to where I can download the two programs used to break open an XCR and recompile it?

I used to use it quite a bit with BiN but haven't in a long time. Now that I'm a proud BF owner, I need it again.

thanks
Hank
hank
Major
Major

Re: unit graphics

Postby JSS » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:26 am

hank wrote:Can somebody point me to where I can download the two programs used to break open an XCR and recompile it?

I used to use it quite a bit with BiN but haven't in a long time. Now that I'm a proud BF owner, I need it again.

thanks
Hank

Go to the main SSG Website. Select "files"...

These should also be in your BiN or KP main directories if you still have those games loaded.
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby hank » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:28 am

Thanks

I got the XcRcomp.exe to download but for some reason the other exe, I think its called the xcrexplus.exe. One is used to extract the graphics and one is for compiling them ... if I remember my old BiN days correctly.

If somebody can email the xcrexplus to me, please do. PM me if you don't have my email address.

thanks for the help ... I'm planning on changing some of the vehicle silhouettes to my liking ... I did this quite a bit with BiN. Its fun.

If I had the original computer I had KP and BiN on, I'd have them but that 'puter died long ago ... in a land far away

hank
hank
Major
Major

Postby JSS » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:58 am

It's there. Look at the very bottom.
JSS
Site Admin

Postby hank » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:46 am

I can see it. It won't let me download it. It could be my network preventing me from doing the dirty deed.

The SSG-Files page let me download the xcrcomp.exe but I get a white screen when I click on the xcreplus link. ... strange but true

Don't worry, I've emailed my wife to see if she can downlod it from her location.

I'll get it come hell or high water. I have about a dozen silhouettes I want to play with. I'll send them to you if you like when I'm done. JSS, I recall you asking me about his many many moons ago. ... I like drawing mg's on top my shermans. :-)

Thanks
hank
Major
Major

Postby JSS » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:09 am

Can you right click the link and "save as"?
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby hank » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:46 am

Thanks a bunch JSS. But, I already tried that. I'm 99% sure its something to do with the network I use to connect to the internet. I either get the white screen or a popup saying connection to server reset. (i know its something with me ... not the ssg website)

No worry, I'll get it some way in the next few days.

Thanks again ... and have a nice weekend

hank
hank
Major
Major

Postby Brubaker » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:11 pm

Hank if you still have problems please PM me and I will mail it to you.

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby hank » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:08 am

Thanks Brubaker

I PM'd you this morning. I am suspicious the file being downloaded off SSG's site is corrupt. I finally got the email from another wargame buddy and saved the ziip file but WinZip ... two different versions ... would not open the file ... said it could be corrupt.

Maybe that's been my problem all along.

But I want you to send it to me anyway so I can see what the heck's going on. The xcrcomp file was no problemo at all.

thanks
hank
hank
Major
Major

Postby hank » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:39 am

OK, I'm fairly sure now there's something wrong with the xcrplus.zip file posted at SSG site.

I had my wife download it. I had another wargaming buddy download it. None of them work. Either you get a message from winzip saying it could be corrupted or the file is incompatible ... or you can open it and there's nothing there (even though its 217kb).

Is there another site where this can be downloaded from? If not, can somebody at SSG fix this? (I'll look and post back - but irregardless it needs to be fixed ... for us guys who like to play with the graphics)

AND, someone remind me since I haven't done this in a year or two:
I do need xcrplus to extract the graphics ... right? Is there another exe that does the same thing? ... and I use xcrcomp to recompile the graphics?

thanks
Hank
hank
Major
Major

Postby Kilgore Trout » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:30 am

Hank,

I just downloaded it and it worked for me. Not sure what the problem is that you're having. When you run it you get pretty much a blank screen and not much else until you click on file->open XCR and go to the file you want to extract. Can you describe what you are seeing when you try to run the program?

K.T.
Image Image
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. "

--Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Kilgore Trout
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby hank » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:13 am

I've had three people downlod the file. Each one downloaded from a different site were either empty Zip files or the latest version of Winzip simply would not open it.

I've used this programe before. It worked a year or two ago. The XCRCOMP file I downloaded worked fine.

Since yours works, PM me, I'll reply with my email address and you can send it to me BARE NAKED. Not zipped.

I would be very thankful.

I'll go try again.

thanks
hank
hank
Major
Major

Next

Return to Battlefront Scenario Design