Operation Crusader

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby zanekin » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:09 am

Bru, there's something weird with the 2nd Leicestershire Bn (the one who hold the far east part of the tobruk perimeter). Unlike the others, it can move tough it doesn't release his detachment... Is it an error.

I wait for the next turn but I'm afraid that the detachment disappear tough I don't want to !
It's just bullshit !
zanekin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Brubaker » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:19 pm

Zanekin I am not sure I understand this question.

Are you saying that the unit cannot release the 'detachments/forts' attached in front of it (there are four), or once free to move cannot place a detachment?

Don't forget that the units in the Tobruk perimeter are frozen until turn 3 unless released by German activity.

I have just checked the unit in question and find no error. It can release its frontier positions from turn 3 onwards, and when it it does so and starts moving around it is free to place detachments?!?

Back to you...

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Brubaker » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:22 pm

Stromb wrote:For the Bir el Gubi area =>
I don't see how a counter attack is possible with italians. I've tried in our first game and even considering i was making some mistakes since i'm still discovering this or that in each game, it was not doable, and even suicide attack were hardly possible ...

Yes very likely true. If the Allied player has moved up his South African division and actually uses that and the Tank Brigade to attack the position, the Italian can inflict heavy losses but will probably need some help sooner or later.

If the Allied player attacks the position with just the Tank Brigade, well, he will find out the hard way ;)

That said, the mobile naval guns are great (and fun) units :) Too bad there's only two.

For a cash payment in Euro's I could supply more :twisted:
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby zanekin » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:46 pm

Brubaker wrote:Zanekin I am not sure I understand this question.

Are you saying that the unit cannot release the 'detachments/forts' attached in front of it (there are four), or once free to move cannot place a detachment?

Don't forget that the units in the Tobruk perimeter are frozen until turn 3 unless released by German activity.

I have just checked the unit in question and find no error. It can release its frontier positions from turn 3 onwards, and when it it does so and starts moving around it is free to place detachments?!?

Back to you...

Brubaker

I mean even with the "strongpoint detachment" still in position, the parent unit (Leicestershire) can move. I thought it's impossible unless it release his strongpoint...
It's just bullshit !
zanekin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Brubaker » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:05 pm

This is a strange one Zanekin. I cannot repeat this error no matter what I do. My files work okay :?: I can only presume that their is some form of anomoly in your game :evil:

Your partner will just have to accept that the forts remain in place but the unit is free to move, I have no other suggestion.

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Joe » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:08 am

Perhaps the 2 of you could mention the hex the unit is on so I can check it too
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Brubaker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:01 pm

Joe the unit in question is the British 2nd Leicestershire Bn which in my files begins the game at (76,34).
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Brubaker » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:46 pm

Hi guys

I have had some problems reported to me which I think may be being caused by possible file mismatches between players (though I am happy to be wrong). I am reattaching the v1.02 patch file to this email and will also update the install on the main download page so that it ONLY has the v1.02 install.

Please be sure that both player in an email game are using the same files before starting. If either player gets a screen that says file mismatch or similar, then this means that one or either player has a non-matching file and that both players should check.

I know this is inconvenient but such is life with software upgrades as we are all aware.

Please continue to email me or post here if you have difficulties.

Cheers

Brubaker
Attachments
Crusader_1.02 patch.zip
Crusader v1.02 patch files in zip format
(52.07 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flintlock » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:31 am

Brubaker wrote:I know this is inconvenient but such is life with software upgrades as we are all aware.

Not at all--I'm just thankful we have a quality scenario like this to patch! I think an updated 1.02 exe will certainly help simplify things.

As always, many thanks for the continued support.
flintlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Brubaker » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:51 pm

As suggested, I have created a full install file of the v1.02 and have asked Alex nicely to post it up on the download page. It will replace all install files there. It is 27Mb in size so can be incovenient to download for some. The v1.02 zip file with only the necessary data files in it can be downloaded by the link in the previous post.

Back to Fall Gelb...

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Brubaker » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:27 am

Herewith find links to v1.3 of Operation Crusader. One link is to a small zip file that can be unzipped into the existing folder. The other is a link to a full 27Mb self extractor that will install the entire scenario. If the latter is to be chosen then I would recommend deleting the contents of the existing Operation Crusader folder first. Naturally any games in progress should be finsihed before this is done.

http://web.aanet.com.au/ooyeah/Crusader_v1.3_patch.zip

http://web.aanet.com.au/ooyeah/Crusader_v1.3.exe

This version corrects dramatic errors inthe supply and Attack bullet data for all sides. Up until this time the scenario has been operating very similarly to the DB series by which most units can roam and operate at will without their supply and logistics being affected - as they should in this game. Now all units have had the data corrected so they will behave correctly.

I would HIGHLY recommend anyone in early stages of a game to stop, update, and start over.

Many thanks to Zanekin for pointing out this error to me.

Cheers

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flintlock » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:45 am

Thank you again for the fixes and updates, Bru! It's encouraging to see that BF's lone add-on scenario is receiving the love. :D
flintlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

AI in the Cards

Postby BronxBoy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:34 am

Hello

I was wondering if there is any hope we will see an AI for this Scenario ?
BronxBoy
New Recruit

Re: AI in the Cards

Postby Treale » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:00 am

BronxBoy wrote:Hello

I was wondering if there is any hope we will see an AI for this Scenario ?

Apparently the AI must be almost impossible to program. We haven't seen a single scenario with one yet!!!

Lack of scenario's will kill this very good game....
Treale
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: AI in the Cards

Postby flintlock » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:58 am

Treale wrote:Lack of scenario's will kill this very good game....

The eternal optimist in me patiently awaits the BF add-on announcement. I'll agree on one thing though--it definitely is a superb wargame!
flintlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Battlefront Scenario Design