The Falklands War Senario.

Got an interesting idea about a new scenario design? ...or maybe you just need some help with the Scenario Editor; this is the place!

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Abwehr » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:56 pm

Although the original question is over a year old, I figured I'd reply anyway.

The Argentinians had two types of Exocet missiles, the MM.38 surface-to-surface missiles on their fleet, mostly, and the AM.39's for their Super Etendards. However, the fleet didn't really do anything after the sinking of the General Belgrano . The Veinticinco de Mayo (purchased from the Dutch in 1969), originally launched in 1943 (!) as the Colossus class HMS Venerable was still being converted to be able to support the Super Etendards, as previous posters have noted. Due to the threat of nuclear submarines, the Argentinian fleet did not try to engage the Royal Navy in strength. As a result, the only available Exocets were the 5 AM.39's.

If you want to model those, you could take advantage of Battlefront's attack bullet system. Place an artillery unit with an absurd range somewhere on the edge of the map, place an immobile HQ next to it which refills the bullets each turn for 5 turns (those 5 turns don't necessarily have to be from turn 1 to turn 5, as you could add the unit as a reinforcement later) and then stops doing so or disappears, possibly together with the Exocet unit. Give the unit a 2 or 3 die roll to kill a ship, and you have a somewhat functional Exocet unit.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Howard7x » Tue May 20, 2008 1:32 am

Hows this one coming along?
Never, ever.... ever again!

Image ImageImageImageImage
Howard7x
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Gen Alexandra » Fri May 23, 2008 12:08 am

Hi Howard

Well to be honest I am graphics inept.

If I could convince someone to do the art work, the rest I think I could complete myself and look to run under DotD rather than BF.

It is not shelved, lets say just gathering dust at present.
Gen Alexandra
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Fri May 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Dont the the lack of a map stop you designing this scenario. If you get the scenario done Im sure someone will do a map for you. Infact I may even be inclined to do it.. a great motivation for me would be an almost completed scenario from you though..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Gen Alexandra » Tue May 27, 2008 7:57 pm

Thanks for the offer Rob.

Ian has kindly stepped into the breech with me, so we will be running a joint effort on this one now, so things will progress from here on in.

GA
Gen Alexandra
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Battlefront Scenario Design