OMG supply

Discussion relating to Battlefront

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

OMG supply

Postby jjdenver » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:52 am

Hi,

In the OMG scenario, once XXX corp moves past the 101st Airborne division's area of ops - can the 101st move north and draw supply from supply depots farther north near Nijmegen? I'd assume so but I don't want to put the 101st OOS if they can't draw supply from the northern depots.

Thanks
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Abwehr » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:11 am

If the Americans have a link back to the area XXX Corps starts in, they should be able to either supply from there or from their drop zone.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Re: OMG supply

Postby JSS » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 am

jjdenver wrote:Hi,

In the OMG scenario, once XXX corp moves past the 101st Airborne division's area of ops - can the 101st move north and draw supply from supply depots farther north near Nijmegen? I'd assume so but I don't want to put the 101st OOS if they can't draw supply from the northern depots.

Thanks

Believe answer is yes... trickier part is having both supply and HQs unit in place with the units you move North.

Better yet is using supply from the South map edge as you move them North... it will be green color supply... i.e. the 101st can then use replacement steps!
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:52 am

If the 101st advance north, you're German opponent will cut the highway in the position where the 101st used to be !

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks for the replies.

Once XXX corp pushes past Nijmegen the supply units don't seem to be able to trace supply south, I guess due to movement limits. For example I have the Gds supply unit in Nijmegen and he has a yellow-green line going south. When I move him 1 hex across the bridge he still has the yellow-green line going south. 2 hexes across into the town there and he has no line going south or to any other supply source. Does this mean XXX corp is supposed to hit a supply tether if it goes past Nijmegen? Or will some other supply source activate?

Thanks
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby jjdenver » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:07 am

Any idea on this? I know I posted it a long time ago but am back to this scenario and still wondering....
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JSS » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:55 am

jjdenver wrote:Any idea on this? I know I posted it a long time ago but am back to this scenario and still wondering....

Am looking at this. Still not sure quite how the issue arises...

Haven't experienced this problem. Perhaps its a technical question of green vs. amber vs red supply push radius.
JSS
Site Admin

Postby JSS » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Am not seeing the supply problems North of Nijmegan. If highway is clear of enemy OP penalties, there should be no problem drawing from Southmap edge with the yellow-green supply line.
JSS
Site Admin

Return to Battlefront Discussion