Direct Fire attacks?

Discussion relating to Battlefront

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Direct Fire attacks?

Postby jjdenver » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:20 am

Hi,

I keep feeling like I'm missing a mechanic in the Battlefront system. The rules refer to Direct Fire attacks, and I'm reading an AAR that also refers to Direct Fire use in OMG.

However I'm not sure how to actually initiate a direct fire attack, and can't find this in the rules? I understand how to initiate an indirect fire attack from artillery, and initiate a ground combat. But I'm not sure how to initiate a direct fire attack? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Direct Fire attacks?

Postby Talos » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:14 am

jjdenver wrote:Hi,

I keep feeling like I'm missing a mechanic in the Battlefront system. The rules refer to Direct Fire attacks, and I'm reading an AAR that also refers to Direct Fire use in OMG.

However I'm not sure how to actually initiate a direct fire attack, and can't find this in the rules? I understand how to initiate an indirect fire attack from artillery, and initiate a ground combat. But I'm not sure how to initiate a direct fire attack? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

This where armour of some sort (tank, mech etc) can use a direct fire attack against another type of armour unit with a gap of a hex in between. This uses up the action for the unit in question and it can only happen once per turn per hex. The chances of success very depending on the units involved, infantry can not use direct fire.
"There is only one decisive victory: the last." (Karl von Clausewitz)
3: OTP Axis v JSS
4: Open

ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Joe » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 am

Move an armoured unit to a position 2 hexes from an enemy armoured unit.

Click on youre unit and see the enemy unit highlighted

You can see the chance of a successful attack.

Do the test with the enemy unit entrenched and not entrenched.

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Battlefront Discussion