Game question

Discussion relating to Battlefront

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Game question

Postby jjdenver » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi,

I have a few questions about the game. Here are the first few based on the image below.

On the arty unit there is a red "1" on the left side of the artillery attack bar area. What does this mean?

On the armor unit there is a dice symbol on the attack bar and defense bar. The defense bar symbol is used I guess always when it is directly attacked in a hex to fire back at attackers. When is the attack bar dice rolled? Is it rolled when this unit launches a direct attack (every time) or only in some circumstances? Is it possible to use it without launching a direct attack using the CRT?

The bottom image shows an icon I get when I select some artillery units and hover the mouse over an enemey hex. What does this mean? When I hover over other hexes I'm able to fire, but some hexes I get this symbol.

Thanks.
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Chris Merchant » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:01 pm

did you update your battlefront manual to the latest version? It is available in the Matrix members area and covers all these subjects.

Briefly, Q1 and 3 refer to the 'no go' area for Naval artillery, in these cases you must not have a friendly unit adjacent to your targeted hex. the Q3 pic shows when you have a friendly too close.

The Direct attack dice is used to determine the outcome of a direct attack only. In the Kharkov game engine direct attacks morphed into becoming part of the close combat routines and were automatically determined.

cheers
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Thx for the answers.

Where is the members area? I'm logged into forums and don't see it anywhere. I also looked on SSG main site and don't see it there.

Thx
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Abwehr » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:49 pm

He means the Matrix Games website members area. If you log in there and register Battlefront, you can download the new manual.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Chris Merchant » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:47 am

Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby ailiah27 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks for this link...
ailiah27
New Recruit

Return to Battlefront Discussion