Rather odd...

Discussion relating to Battlefront

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Rather odd...

Postby Noakesy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:25 am

In the last couple of weeks three of my games (KDotD, BiI and BiN) have been doing odd things when I launch them. I double click on the icon in the email as usual, but then I get all of the background come up in black. It's the bit where you start your turn, and then the main game itself, with some of the features in bright colours, but 90% of the colours are black. When I exit, and start again it's fine, but it seems rather odd and I can't figure out why this has happened --- any ideas?

Cheers :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Carl Myers » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:08 am

Does it happen when you start the game program and then load the turn?
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:03 pm

Thanks - On some games I get this when I load the programme and when I play the turn. However, with one or two others (e.g. our OTP game) I only get it when I load the programme, and then the turn looks normal.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Rather odd...

Postby Gregor Whiley » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:22 am

Noakesy wrote:In the last couple of weeks three of my games (KDotD, BiI and BiN) have been doing odd things when I launch them. I double click on the icon in the email as usual, but then I get all of the background come up in black. It's the bit where you start your turn, and then the main game itself, with some of the features in bright colours, but 90% of the colours are black. When I exit, and start again it's fine, but it seems rather odd and I can't figure out why this has happened --- any ideas?

Cheers :D

I'm sorry, but I can't think of an explanation for this, especially as its intermittent, and only happens at the start of the program. Have you changed video drivers or hardware recently?

Gregor
Gregor Whiley
Vice President, SSG
www.ssg.com.au
Gregor Whiley
SSG

Re: Rather odd...

Postby Noakesy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Gregor Whiley wrote:I'm sorry, but I can't think of an explanation for this, especially as its intermittent, and only happens at the start of the program. Have you changed video drivers or hardware recently?Gregor

Nope, not changed anything on the PC for a while, and this has only happened since we loaded up KDotD. This now happens all the time:

1. Open email for PBEM file
2. Double click on PBEM file
3. Screen stays on the email/outlook page but opens a BiI (for example) icon on the tool bar at the foot of the screen.
4. Click on BiI icon and I get a black screen with two buttons on it "start turn" and one other.
5. I click the small 'x' to exit the game
6. Double click on PBEM file again and everything's fine.

Very odd.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Carl Myers » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:28 pm

Since this has started since KDotD was installed, uninstalling it and reinstalling KDotD should be tried. If the that doesn't work, you may have to restore your system to a time before the installation of KDotD.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Return to Battlefront Discussion