Airborne Reinforcements?

Discussion relating to Battlefront

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Airborne Reinforcements?

Postby DonStone » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:12 am

Just picked up Battlefront (a week before Kharkov!). Started playing Market-Garden. And I observed the following --

Consider the 4th Parachute Brigade, of the British 1st Airborne (I think this is happening for other reinforcements as well, but I only verified it for this brigade)

1) If you right-click on the turn record track, it says that the units of the brigade will show up on turn 3.

2) Historically, they showed up on turn 3.

3) The editor says they arrive on turn 2.

4) While playing, they actually arrive on turn 2.

What's up here? Some experimenting with the editor shows that these units correctly show up on the "arrival turn" specified for the unit. But the "arrival turn" shown on the turn record track is always a turn later.

1) Is the problem with the turn record track a bug?

2) Or is the arrival turn specified for the unit a bug, while the "correct" arrive turn is showing on the turn record track?

3) Or am I out of my mind? (or the more polite variant -- am I missing something?)
DonStone
New Recruit

Postby Abwehr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:41 pm

Hmm, that's kind of glitchy indeed. Didn't notice that before.

The OOB on turn one states that the unit arrives in T+2, but the unit actually arrives on turn 2, even though it probably can't be alerted or delayed by the holding of specific hexes.

At first I thought the paradrop pop-up would appear on turn 2 and the actual units on turn 3, but the para's don't have a dropzone you can specify and automatically jump into the area west of Oosterbeek.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Airborne Reinforcements?

Postby Carl Myers » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:39 pm

DonStone wrote:Consider the 4th Parachute Brigade, of the British 1st Airborne (I think this is happening for other reinforcements as well, but I only verified it for this brigade)

The only Allied units showing up on turn 3 of the track record of the game I have is the 327th Glider Regiment, an American unit.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Return to Battlefront Discussion