Quick Direct Fire question

Discussion relating to Battlefront

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Quick Direct Fire question

Postby amartinsauto » Mon May 26, 2008 9:09 pm

Hello,

I dont know if this question has been already answered but maybe. Sorry if so..it is quick: I am playing the new Stalingrad scen and there are a lot of units with this type of weapons (Direct Fire). The designers talks about placing them behing your main infantry assaults and cause casualties on your opponent but as far as I have played Gazala and others I think that you cannot Direct Fire from behind a unit..even if you try to attack with direct fire to a unit next to a friend one the cursor turns blue with a purple circle ?¿?¿
so please can anyone clarify if you can Direct Fire from 2 hexes away jumping over friendly units or even next to friendly units?

Thx
amartinsauto
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Chris Merchant » Mon May 26, 2008 9:33 pm

from the updated manual:

Intervening enemy units will block Direct fire, and entrenched units or units in hexes with
Strongpoints are immune from Direct Fire attacks. Valid Direct Fire targets need to be Fully
Exposed. Only one Direct Fire attack per target hex per turn is allowed, and once a hex has
been subject to a Close Combat attack, no Direct Fire attacks may be directed at the hex for the
remainder of that turn. Direct Fire capable units cannot Direct Fire from a hex under an enemy
Zone Of Control.
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby amartinsauto » Tue May 27, 2008 2:33 am

Upps :oops: it is pretty clear sorry.... There is just one thing left. It says "Intervening enemy units will block Direct fire" but what about friend units.. do they block direct fire?
amartinsauto
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby amartinsauto » Tue May 27, 2008 6:13 am

Ok. The answer is yes. Thank you.
amartinsauto
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Howard7x » Tue May 27, 2008 6:40 pm

In the stalingrad scenario im currently playing, friendly units do not block direct fire. Just out of intrest...
Never, ever.... ever again!

Image ImageImageImageImage
Howard7x
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Abwehr » Tue May 27, 2008 8:02 pm

I've not seen friendly units blocking direct fire in any of the game that I played, but I'm not sure whether I ever had units "blocking" all hexes to the target, as I rarely place multiple units next to eachother with another line of units behind them.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Battlefront Discussion