Arhmen bridge question

Discussion relating to Battlefront

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Arhmen bridge question

Postby bennyb » Sat May 03, 2008 5:33 am

Why can't units attack north across Arnhem bridge once enemy controlled?

I've got most of my army in the area but all they can do is stare at the enemy across the river. :D
bennyb
New Recruit

Re: Arhmen bridge question

Postby JSS » Sat May 03, 2008 7:37 pm

bennyb wrote:Why can't units attack north across Arnhem bridge once enemy controlled?

I've got most of my army in the area but all they can do is stare at the enemy across the river. :D

Its because of the major river effect in this scenario... pretty much matches the historical situation. You have to get units across the river before they can attack. Similar to getting some of the 82d Abn Div across at Nijmegan.
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby Abwehr » Sun May 04, 2008 2:55 am

The bridge itself is one of the trickiest hex-types in the game and it "covers" a major river (although the Rhine isn't very wide at all at Arnhem). The Germans need to ferry units across the Rhine at the start and the Allies will eventually be able to send infantry across the river using assault rafts in theory, although that effect covers the retreat of the British and Polish airborne forces mostly.

I don't know if it was you or someone else, JSS, but the city name "Nijmegen" seems to be typo'd often. Perhaps the problem that the city's name is more or less pronounced "Nijmegan" in English.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Battlefront Discussion