Discussion relating to Battlefront

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Ian » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi everyone, I’m new to SSG forum. I have recently bought Battlefront and I think it’s a great game. Although I have been playing board games for years this is my first PC board game.

I’m already busy with my first attempt at creating a battleset. Some time ago I created my version of the Southern part of the operation Citadel based on the Roads to Leningrad board game. Now I can use all that research with the Battlefront engine.

My battleset will concentrate around Belgorod and Prokhorovka. I would like to program the AI but I’m not to sure how that works yet so the battle will be PBEM for now.

Creating the map is proving to be much more difficult than I anticipated.
I was impressed by the level detail of the maps that came with the game, so now that the standard was set I will attempt to create a map of similar detail.

I’m using Photoshop for that. Good thing my friend is a Photoshop wizard, so I will be picking his brain all lot.

Well that’s it for now.
Ian :D
Ian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: New member

Postby Noakesy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:00 pm

Ian wrote:My battleset will concentrate around Belgorod and Prokhorovka. I would like to program the AI but I’m not to sure how that works yet so the battle will be PBEM for now.

...and building this scenario will get you a lot more mates too - Prokhorovka would be great :D

welcome on board, I'm no technie I'm afraid, but there are usually people providing input on these aspects of the game.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:19 pm

Welcome Ian!

Let me know if you have any questions on getting the scenario together.

JSS
JSS
Site Admin

Postby CESteman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:55 pm

Welcome aboard Ian. Don't be shy to speak up if you have any questions.
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby flintlock » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:52 am

Welcome, Ian!

Congrats on tackling the challenging task of creating a new scenario. I'm sure you'll find no shortage of help from knowledgeable folks here, in answering any questions that may arise.
flintlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Battlefront Discussion