Rommel - Master of Battle Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Korsun Pocket?

Moderators: AlexS, Joss, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Fantassin » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:53 am

stevel40831 wrote:Fantassin, great play on your part. I don't know who's going to give you your first loss, but it won't be me! I'm 0-3 against you and it gets worse every time! It was a fun game, I am sorry that you lost in the little known "political" catagory! :wink:

Thanks SteveL40831, this game was most enjoyable. :) We know that I have drawn the "good" side playing the Germans. The task to win with the Russians is daunting against a good player.

And I must admit I never see this "political' coup coming so I concede on this one. :wink:
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby stevel40831 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:11 am

Fantassin wrote:And I must admit I never see this "political' coup coming so I concede on this one. :wink:

Finally, I am able to surprise you!

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out."

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:34 am

How is the Flashman game(s) going?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby stevel40831 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:06 am

Robjess wrote:How is the Flashman game(s) going?

I think we are on turn 13 or 14 (I am the Germans). Kalatch is out of supply but I have a decent ring of units around the city and north to the other objective along the river (I forget the name). He is pressing though.

In the east I am counterattacking heavily and he is being forced back west. My supplies runs out in a few turns but I think I can continue pushing him for another 3-4 turns at least.

Just SW of Kalatch, on the other side of the river, I am pressing up from the south and am about 5 hexes from the most southern bridge crossing with a possible pocket of trapped Russians if he doesn't pull out soon (I think...). I have been steadily advancing and the air interdictions have been paying off for me as he has had some trouble pulling back as far as I can tell. I feel that I can keep pushing him here as new units are arriving over the next 2 turns.

I'm not exactly sure of the score, but, I think I'm up by around 650 maybe...

It's a good game, very interesting situations for both of us.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out."

stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Fantassin » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:06 am

Same here, we are at turn 13 (I play the Russians).

I have captured ALL towns east of the Don inflicting about 25 kills while not losing a single unit so far. All 6th Army surviving units (1 Pz, 2 Mech and 6 Inf Div) are trapped east side of the river but they are still holding the northern east supply source. Reduction of this pocket is underway by heavy Russian forces (1 Tk, 3 Mech, 4 Cav and 4 Inf Div).

In the west, Flashman is mounting a big counteroffensive towards Kalatsch with at least six or seven Panzer divisions. I envisage to take refuge east side of the river if the pressure become too great, weird isn't it? :shock:

In spite of what seems an overwhelming russian achievement, the actual score is less than 100 VP with a projected score less than 350 VP. :?
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Flashman » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:50 am

Final offensive petered out. Nowhere to go and too many Russians.
Negotiated final defeat at 650 points (German Loss)

Congrats to Fantassin who is now the champ after a very long campaign.

Steve and I are still battleing it out for second place but he has a 400 point lead with 6 turns to go and even after I (the Russians) eliminate the pocket in the center the point total should favor the Germans.
Flashman-

Indecision is the key to flexibility!
ImageImageImage
Flashman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Fantassin » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:38 am

Thanks for the fun games fellows opponents. :D

Thanks to Robjess for administring this very long tourney and of course to JSS for bringing us this nicely crafted scenario. 8)
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:16 pm

Well done guys..

Good luck in the battle for runner up!
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby stevel40831 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:43 am

The runner-up match has finally ended! Flashman offered surrender terms and I accepted.

Good job to JSS on the scenario and for Robjess in running the tournament... it was great fun!

stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Previous

Return to Korsun Pocket Play By Email (PBEM)