Rommel - Master of Battle Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Korsun Pocket?

Moderators: AlexS, Joss, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Flashman » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:24 pm

I just sent my (Russian) turn 21 to Szarik. I tipped over into the lead on turn 20 after a long drawn out battle. German lack of supply in the center finally caused Szarik's collapse otherwise I wouldn't have made it. I should receive his last move soon and then we will be done. With a 100+ point lead I don't think a German comeback is possible.

Excellent game Szarik! I enjoyed it immensely - win or lose! :D
Flashman-

Indecision is the key to flexibility!
ImageImageImage
Flashman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Flashman » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:30 am

Game over- I played Szarik to the wire. I won with the Allies by a mere 171 points. please set up the game with Roger for the next round. thanks.

sorry it took so long.
Flashman-

ImageImageImage
Flashman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:37 pm

Ok Roger and Flashman - meet up. Emails sent.. get to it :) Good luck to each of you..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Flashman » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:11 am

Rodger, I didn't see your email on the ladder so send me an email and I will try to get the first German move off to you tonight.

JohnConant@comcast.net

I am at work now so it Rob sent your email to me at home I just haven't seen it yet so you can ignore this message. Good Luck.
Flashman-

ImageImageImage
Flashman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:38 am

How are these games progressing gentlemen? (Roger's game I know about)..

Aberdeen and Fantassin - is your game still progressing (I think Fantassin is on holidays at the moment - but so long as the game is still being played)..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Fantassin » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:46 am

Well, I'm just back from holydays but still wait for Aberdeen 13th Allied turn. I sent him my last turn for two weeks from now.
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:53 am

Can you email him and see where he is at? Cc me into the email and then if he doesnt respond we can look at some remedial action..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Fantassin moves up into the next round (I will update the Tournament ladder shortly). He along with Stevel40831 - and the winner of the Roger and Flashman game, will play in the 3 way play off final!!
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:07 pm

Roger has resigned from his game against Flashman. So we have three finalists: Flashman, Fantassin and Stevel40831.

Im thinking we have each player play each other once - in the first knockout rounds:

Axis--------------Allies
Flashman v Fantassin
Fantassin v Stevel4083
Stevel4083 v Flashman

With a bit of luck this should see one player drop out (unless they all each win one game!) And then we can move onto the final showdown.

Comments - suggestions?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Fantassin » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:53 pm

Let's try to finish this tourney before the Overlord's one! :wink:

I believed these 3 rounds were the Grand Final, no?
If one of us win his two games, he will be the champion et the other two will be runners up. If we all win one game, the winner will be determined by VP difference.

BTW, have you noted that we had the same course for the 3 first rounds, winning with Axis in the first twos and with Allied in the third?
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby stevel40831 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:31 am

I know that we have been in a holding pattern on this for several months, but, I'm going to have a hell of a time keeping any kind of decent pace to these games as I have way to much going on already (If there were a smiley/sad face with tears I would put it here, i.e. crybaby face!). The Wolf tourney alone is taking about 2 hrs per turn! Hmmm... maybe I could quit my damned job...

Just be aware guys, I'll be very slow!

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out."

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Flashman » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:16 am

I also would like to see the winner determined in this round. Wins and or VPs deciding the final. I guess the only thing is that each player should agree to fight it out to the end. Or I suppose we could do a mid point check and if say Fantassin is whipping us both we could declare him the victor. Good Luck to all. My Email is JohnConant@comcast.net. I agree that this will take a while with two games going at once. I tend to spend a couple of hours on each move also once we get past the initial rush.

I also want to confirm that we are NOT playing the Red Hordes version. correct?
Flashman-

ImageImageImage
Flashman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:57 am

NO We are not playing the Red Hordes scenario. On this is the final round - the winner will be determined by the person who has won the most games or has the most points at the end. So therefore you should play all games to the end.

So get to it. I will leave it to you guys to determine if you want to play both of your games at the same time, or if you would prefer to play them one after another. Good luck and let me know if there are any problems.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Flashman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:28 pm

Hi guys,

I started using a new puter with XP. True update would not work but i manually got it up to 1.11. Loaded Rommel and I see it in the Scenario file and on the Game Menu. Trouble is it will not let me play it. When I select Rommel it gives me a textured grey screen with a Start turn 1 button and a Back to Battle button (i think). Anyway the start button merely gives me a Microsoft error box that says "Korsun.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" Any ideas?

BTW the basic KP game seems to work fine.
Flashman-

ImageImageImage
Flashman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Flashman » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:44 am

I reinstalled everything. Game is on version 1.11. I downloaded Rommel-doesn't work. Downloaded Gallopoli the same way, everything works fine!
Any ideas?

PS - downloaded Kreta also - works fine - go figure.

I just noticed that on my old computer the folder is shown as "Rommels" in the scenario file whereas the new computer shows it as "Rommel" - am I downloading the wrong file?

Sorry guys but I have no idea why Rommel wont work and the others do? I am afraid I am just going to have to let Fantassin and Steve duke it out. I was looking forward to a test like this against two guys with stellar records.
Flashman-

ImageImageImage
Flashman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Korsun Pocket Play By Email (PBEM)