Last Stand at Korson Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Korsun Pocket?

Moderators: AlexS, Joss, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Pawlock » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:15 pm

robjess wrote:Random Weather is on - deal with it :)

No seriously, remember this is only our 2nd Tournament.. there will be more and we will ensure that there will be a mix of historical and ahistorical tournaments.

Whilst I am would encourage all players to register for our Tournaments, generally we only have 32 slots for each Tournament - the way that we are running them as knockout comps - I would love to see a 64 slot Tournament up and running and there is no reason why we would be able to achieve it.. Im sure there are atleast 64 active players within the community :)

But the point being.. I would like us to get to the point where we have a few Tournaments running at the same time... infact I dont know how often you guys want us to run them.. do you want 5 different ones running at the same time?! We can do this!?!?

Back to my point, point being.. players should look at the settings for each of the Tournaments and then decide if they want to play in that one or not.. if you dont like the scenario (Im not familiar with the Last Stand Scenario so I sat this one out so that a newbie could take part in it although I did want the medal :D ), or if you dont like the settings of the Tournament (random weather, CA on, uknown units etc) then sit this one out and let someone else take part in it...

What I am trying to say - and I dont know if Im being very successul - is we will be having lost of Tournaments, so you will be able to pick and choose which ones you want to play in :)

Infact how about we start a Wiking Whiteout one now also then? I will start a new thread about it.

You make good points, and if thier are a myriad of tournaments to choose from then we can get picky, which is good IMO. I have never played last stand, but wanted in on some action and duely enrolled, but having a chose perhaps I would have waited till something Im familiar came along.

If you can get the numbers, then I see no reason to limit the number of similtanous tournaments,
Pawlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:59 am

Tournament update, CA Lane has had to withdraw and Stormcrow is his replacement.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby pterrok » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:43 am

I just found an interesting bug when using random weather. When you open the Interdiction, Transport or Replacement screens and go to the current turn and next turn boxes, if you slide the cursor to the right to go over the Random Weather label you SEE what's gonna be there on next next turn! Can't get it for farher out than that and you can't get it on the Turn/Weather box. I happen to have a different interdiction from the current turn or the second turn which is how I know it's not a repeat of one of the other exposed turns.

Do I get bonus points for leveling the playing field? ;)

BTW--so far all 4 turns in our game have been thaw...
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:04 am

I have no idea what you are talking about?!?! I cant seem to do it..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Fantassin » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:17 am

pterrok wrote:BTW--so far all 4 turns in our game have been thaw...

In ours, we get different weather each turn alternating from thaw to frozen. Next turn will be the fifth, and it's thaw again :?
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby hank » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:13 pm

pterrok wrote:
BTW--so far all 4 turns in our game have been thaw...

We're on move 5 and so far all my moves have been in the mud. I've been crawling through the mud and my supply situation is sucking mud.

hank
hank
Major
Major

Postby pterrok » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:45 pm

OK, this is weird. I saw the post yesterday and fired up a human vs human random weather game and it didn't happen! I figured I'd wait for my email game since that's the only secure game I have going with random weather, figuring maybe it's a secure thing. I do what I said to do and I DIDN'T get the extra turn info showing! Hmmm...

I watched the replay and did some attacks and stuff and I looked again--and I SAW THE EXTRA TURN DATA WHEN THE CURSOR WAS OVER THE 'O' IN RANDOM! Furthermore, what I had seen last turn IS what is in my next turn box, so it's real data.

I have no idea what sequence of things caused it to come up; tomorrow I'll watch carefully and check after every action. It may have been taking a replacement or perhaps it was immediately after a combat resolution or something. In any event, later still in the turn I went to check it again and I could NOT see it then! So it's a very esoteric bug...(Or else I just have a crystal ball that's useable once per turn!)

I think that the non-random scenario starts with 6 turns of thaw; I'm just hoping that in my game the Axis has to face 12 turns of thaw!
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Graf Starhemberg » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:37 pm

pterrok,
are you saying you investigated every pixel on the screen? :o :wink:

In our tournie game I just completed turn four, and only turn two was frozen - the next one will also be thaw again...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Graf Starhemberg
Major
Major

Postby Twinkle » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:42 pm

Graf Starhemberg wrote:pterrok,
are you saying you investigated every pixel on the screen? :o :wink:

That’s the way to do it... btw; I have also seen this go ahead info on some occasions, like three-four turns ahead giving away interdiction and replacement info.

Waiting, waiting, waiting on receiving my first turn.

Regards
/twinkle :wink:
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:52 pm

Some people have reported that there are some AT Support units in their games that start the game with no steps. This is correct and is a minor bug with we here at Run5 released a fix for a while ago.

If you dont have the fix yet then you can grab it from the files page here:

Run5 Files its the Last Stand At Korsun Fix obviously. Just download and replace the files into your Last Stand folder.. this will not corrupt any games in progress.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

AT support units.

Postby Carl Myers » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:23 pm

Might be a minor bug in the OOB. However, most of the units are Soviet and concentrated in particularly important part of the encircling ring of forces. The German player now knows that in that section of the line the defense is weaker than previously thought and has less anti-shock than previously thought.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Zombie AT units

Postby Vampire » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:06 am

Lee Elmendorf wrote: What will happen if one player uses the fix and the other doesn't? If this was a known bug why wasn't loading the fix mandatory for everyone in the tourney?

Nothing strange will happen, the game just plays with the settings of the starting player, if he doesn't have the fix, a part of the AT units start as zombie units. That's not the only thing: The zombie units can be 'healed' into normal units when using a replacement :o . The zombie unit also has more steps (at least two and probably three if you're looking at the defense number (four at one step)) All AT in the game I'm playing against Carl only have 1 anti-shock ability, even the elite guards AT (which begins at three steps), normally it's two (or three for the elite unit).

It was mandatory to play with 1.11, it was not explicitly stated that the fix should be installed. If one didn't know about the fix and the zombie units, a game could be started without this fix. :(

Greetz, Vampire
Shiny Objects of Honour:
Image Image Image Image
Vampire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Carrington » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:11 am

pterrok wrote:
I have no idea what sequence of things caused it to come up; tomorrow I'll watch carefully and check after every action. It may have been taking a replacement or perhaps it was immediately after a combat resolution or something. In any event, later still in the turn I went to check it again and I could NOT see it then! So it's a very esoteric bug...(Or else I just have a crystal ball that's useable once per turn!)

I think that the non-random scenario starts with 6 turns of thaw; I'm just hoping that in my game the Axis has to face 12 turns of thaw!

Perhaps PalantirSee got accidentally imported from Warlords. The Soviet Zombie AT units seem in keeping with this theme.

:wink:
Carrington
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Zombie AT units

Postby Lee Elmendorf » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:42 am

Vampire wrote: ...It was mandatory to play with 1.11, it was not explicitly stated that the fix should be installed. If one didn't know about the fix and the zombie units, a game could be started without this fix. :(

Greetz, Vampire

Not only was it not "explicity stated", it wasn't even mentioned AFAIK. Our game is at 1.11 but I started the game and knew nothing of this fix. :(
ImageImage Image
Lee Elmendorf
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:36 am

The reason I didnt mention it in the Tournament notes was as simple as me forgetting about it. No one around here is perfect and we all make mistakes and oversights.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Korsun Pocket Play By Email (PBEM)