Last Stand at Korson Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Korsun Pocket?

Moderators: AlexS, Joss, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby pterrok » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:16 am

Hmmm, actually, I see you posted the announcement on Monday--which is of course MY Sunday! (Isn't the international dateline wonderful? <g>) Of course, that's also why I got to watch the Australian Grand Prix on Saturday...
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Lee Elmendorf » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:28 am

While waiting for Rob to wake up on Tuesday, or is it Wednesday down there already, :) I'm curious how the play balance is on this one from some of the people who have played it. I saw an excellent AAR posted somewhere at Matrix, but came away thingking it looked like a pretty tough win for the Germans. Anyone with experience have any thoughts? Thanks.
Lee Elmendorf
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Manny » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:04 am

Lee Elmendorf wrote:While waiting for Rob to wake up on Tuesday, or is it Wednesday down there already, :) I'm curious how the play balance is on this one from some of the people who have played it. I saw an excellent AAR posted somewhere at Matrix, but came away thingking it looked like a pretty tough win for the Germans. Anyone with experience have any thoughts? Thanks.

Who cares, as long as we get those lovely medals :-)
Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tomus » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:02 am

I've joined. Hi all :D
Tomus
New Recruit

Postby Arnvidh » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:21 am

Lee Elmendorf wrote:While waiting for Rob to wake up on Tuesday, or is it Wednesday down there already, :) I'm curious how the play balance is on this one from some of the people who have played it. I saw an excellent AAR posted somewhere at Matrix, but came away thingking it looked like a pretty tough win for the Germans. Anyone with experience have any thoughts? Thanks.

Its probably more even than it looks like at the first glance. But if anyone has an advantage its the russians. Its not very many victory location to play with so alot depends on how many units you kill or lose. The crucial is of course if the units in the pocket surrvives as they are worth alot and there are some victory locations there.

In my first pbem with me as the germans it went well in the south and I captured Lysyanka. But almost all units in the pocket were destroyed trying to break out south, losing (minor) me the game. In my second, against a different opponent, as the russians my enemy decieded to stay in the pocket and I failed to crush it. But instead I totally destroyed the german forces in the south winning overwhelming. So there are alot of different alternatives and chances. A fun and fierce scenario.
Arnvidh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby panzcaster » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:46 am

robjess wrote:Sure Im happy to help you sort it out.. send me an email at webmaster@war.robjess.com.

Start out by starting up a PBEM game (doesnt matter what one) and entering my email address.. move a few units and then send it on to me..

Make sure you are running patch 1.11

Ok, sounds good. Let me go give it a try.
panzcaster
New Recruit

Postby panzcaster » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:00 am

Allright robjess it's on it's way ( hopefuly ) .

gjindy@comcast.net
panzcaster
New Recruit

Postby Robjess » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:09 am

Lee you should be ok to play unless you say you are going away for a month or something.. I can effectively start matching people up right now (well not right now as I am about to go to work).. but later tonight I can match people up and those people can start tomorrow.. alternatively, if people are going away for a week or so, then thats fine also.. just start when you get back..

Just let me know when you will be available to start your games..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Lee Elmendorf » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:28 am

OK, I'll be available right after you assign opponents to yourself and Twinkle! :D Seriously though, let me get back to you on that as soon as I can. Thanks.

Edit - I need to retrieve my CD from a good friend who borrowed it to decide if he likes the game enough to buy it.
Lee Elmendorf
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Maxblaster » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:57 am

Wazzaaah...
You should never leave your korsun pocket cd unattended or, even more, lend it to a friend :evil:
You will see (I hope) some new Belgian recruits signing up to the community the next weeks as I sent some mails out to instruct them to buy this game! Without sales this game will not see a the kind of development I want
Image Image Image
Maxblaster
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Nacho » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:58 am

Every good tournament needs some newbies to crush, so here I go !!
Nacho
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby hank » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:21 am

I sent an email in today from work to join the battle.

Just wondering if you got it.

hank
hank
Major
Major

Postby Lee Elmendorf » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:36 am

Rob

I'll have my CD back on Friday or Saturday. If you still need players then I'll sign up. If you fill up before that then I'll sit this one out.

Lee
Lee Elmendorf
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby JSS » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:16 pm

Lee,

You deserve honors of the highest order for totally selfless service in the face of dangerous PBEM opponents by lending your personal KP to another player. Hope this is all your friend needs to make the obvious choice: BUY KP!

I salute you!

JSS
JSS
Site Admin

And another Newb to fill out the game

Postby Taiko » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:49 pm

Like Nacho I am relatively new to this game. I have been playing the computer some and one PBEM game which is about even so far. This will be my first game on Run5.
Take Responsibility for your actions.
Taiko
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PreviousNext

Return to Korsun Pocket Play By Email (PBEM)