KP Full Campaign Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Korsun Pocket?

Moderators: AlexS, Joss, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Robjess » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:25 am

The special Tournament mode exists only in Bin and BiI. Which means that Tournament games in KP are set up and issued by player 1 in KP.

Sorcerers suggestion may address any 'first round restarts by player 1' - but at the end of the game if someone is going to cheat they are going to cheat and there isnt a great deal you can do if someone really wants to do it.

One of the conditions of entering a Tournament is that we should trust each other.. if someone is discovered cheating in a Run5 Tournament then I can tell you that they wont be welcome playing in any other Run5 Tournaments or Ladder games.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Noakesy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:41 am

Right, I'll issue e-mails etc to players tomorrow UK time (i.e. about 12-14hrs time), and suggest that for good order's sake we follow sorceror's ideas (I'll send suggested file names etc). Thanks for the note Rob, not played a KP tourny before. :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:04 pm

Ok, e-mails and file names have been issued with the exception of two games:

JSS vs Brubaker
JSS said he would drop out if WaR confirmed his participation as I was awaiting his registration at the time. WaR registered, but didn't send me his e-mail address, so can you do that ASAP so I can issue the game WaR?

Aberdeen vs Bertram
Bertram, your e-mail address keeps bouncing back, could you re-confirm it please (all other e-mail addresses worked correctly - once I'd typed them in properly of course :oops: )

We have one player in reserve (Graf Starhemberg) who can join in if we don't get the WaR/Bertram situation resolved quite quickly. :wink:

Thanks
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:17 pm

Ok, sent the e-mail for the Wacht am Rein/Brubaker game, just need Bertram's e-mail address now?
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:07 am

Well, i'll definately lose to Brubaker! Wait...

I just need to find those guides Sorcerer gave me last year and...

"Hi..(*censored*)

Come to think of it,on that email you said the Russian side of it to come and it never came!

Postby Doggie3 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:31 am

Doggie3 vs Kilgore Trout is underway, I have just sent Kilgore my first turn. We are both new to the game and PBEM, (but it appears long time board gamers) so it should be a very interesting game!

Thanks to Noakesy for putting the tournament together pretty quickly.

Cheers,
Doggie3
Major
Major

Postby Noakesy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:38 am

Hope you all have good games - I know what you mean WaR, Sorceror sent me some notes whilst dishing out the traditional humiliating thrashing, but I can't find them anywhere....much as I've tried. :cry:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:11 am

Ok, got the e-mail from Bertram, all games should be going. If I've sent you dodgy information, wrong e-mails or other stuff just let me know. Hope everyone remembered to ensure they are playing with the patched version. :wink:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby amartinsauto » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:38 am

Sorry but I have been out of my home for a few days and Ive seen that in four days you have launched the KP tournament I was following in another posts. I already sent my intention to play but it has been impossible to complete my official registration. If there is any vacancy or posibility to join the tournament please let me know and count with me. I will send all my data for the application just in case.

Thanks
amartinsauto
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:57 am

Hi Amartinsauto, it is too late but I guess you would be allowed in as a reserve (with Graf Starhemberg). As a reserve, if two people dropped out you would be let in. Of course you get shiny medals for taking part in a tournament :D

Postby Noakesy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:05 am

Thanks WaR, I'd replied to Amartinsauto, but I don't think it's going to be likely. One of those 'bus' situations (you wait ages for one, and then loads come along at one). I think the final registration was for about 19 people, but we'd never have got to 32 (well, it would have taken ages at least :D ). Sorry, maybe there are other tournys in the offing?
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:27 am

Reserves dont get a medal unless they actually end up entering the Tournament.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Brubaker » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:32 am

First turn away...

And apart from entering our names in the wrong fields :oops: all went smoothly. What a great idea to have this as a tournament - it is a fantastic game and its great to play again after what must be two years.

As usual I left a few units hanging out in the breeze (my standard for turn :wink: ) but I am sure WaR won't complain.

Great concept Noakesy, thanks

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:11 pm

Should be interesting tourny I think, but if I'm honest I think it's sorceror and one or two others that have been pushing for it. There's also a mixture of some completely new people, some veterans, and people like myself that have been playing for about 6-9mths.

However, I'm sure I will be slaughtered for starting this if people find it's taking you away from working on your Typhoon scenarios! :wink:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:39 pm

Thee is a 100% chance of me losing to Brubaker :)

PreviousNext

Return to Korsun Pocket Play By Email (PBEM)