KP Full Campaign Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Korsun Pocket?

Moderators: AlexS, Joss, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Aberdeen » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:06 am

sorcerer wrote:.... What is your take on things Aberdeen?

I agree with your synopsis above - although my dice overall have been "average", i've been lucky on some rolls. I also agree that the East has "stabalized" to the point that i'm just knocking off the odd step here and there - no real headway being made, mainly due to the forces that i have had to employ as "garrison" against your massed force in the South!

The West is slightly different! I must say that i was surprised that you left so many of your "new" divisions in the South - not sure how much of a difference these might have made in the West! Also you were very defensive early on in the West where the Axis generally can put pressure on the Allies....

This scenario is one where once the Allies get a forcast win, it's generally difficult for the Axis to regain the initiative.... hopefully :?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aberdeen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Noakesy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:30 pm

Well, IMO it seems a pretty balanced exchange of views. Sorcerer outlines his view of Aberdeen's assault and game play (excellent play, plus some good dice at good times) which largely seems to balance with Aberdeen's own view, with some comments on the axis strategy. Doesn't come across as sour grapes to me - but I've a few questions:
- are you guys continuing the battle onwards?
- is the situation recoverable for AG Sud or will Vatutin and Konev shortly be in Korsun :wink:
- are the massed forces in the south about to help form a korsun pocket containing russki's only? :D

Either way, would welcome a screen shot or two afterwards if that's possible.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fantassin » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:56 pm

Noakesy wrote: ... (excellent play, plus some good dice at good times) ...

A rather devastating combination :!:
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Aberdeen » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:34 am

Well guys, after 30 gruelling turns, Sorcerer has conceded defeat (with an agreed Marginal Victory for me). It was a very close game, and Sorcerer played a brilliant retreat and stand action in the East, but the West went against him, and i managed to go on the offensive there to my gain! This one really was a close call , and shouldn't have a winner (but i'll accept it :wink: ).

I do however feel that it was a slightly hollow victory as several of the "big hitters" werent playing in the tournament, and i KNOW that they are better players then me :oops: . That said, i'll take the medal and RUN....

Congratulations once again to Sorcerer for a great game and BRILLIANT early battle reporting.

Now, where do i pin my new shiny object of desire .... :shock:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aberdeen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Noakesy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:42 am

Congratulations Aberdeen as the tourny winner, and also to Sorcerer for a great game by the sound of things --- any chance of a screen shot of the final positions? Just interested from my perspective.

Well there we are, from start to a winner within 6mths, although I would have to admit this was largely down to many games only lasting 10-20 turns I think. Well played by everyone, good tourny folks :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stevel40831 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:02 am

Congrats Aberdeen on your victory! I've played you both in this scenario and knew it was an excellent matchup... Sorcerer, entertaining front updates that kept those of us not playing interested in what was going on... great tourney Noeskey, and it even finished way ahead of what I predicted!

Steve

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out."

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:21 pm

stevel40831 wrote:it even finished way ahead of what I predicted!
Steve

:lol: thank goodness. I really enjoyed the scenario, and I'm currently playing this one against three people (and losing just about all of them, but it's still a great game).
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Doggie3 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:41 pm

Congrats to Aberdeen for the win and to Noaksey for putting the tournament together.

Is there another one planned ?

Cheers
ImageImageImage
Doggie3
Major
Major

Postby Strax » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:41 pm

Congratulations Aberdeen and comiserations Sorcerer and thank you Noakesy.
Strax
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Korsun Pocket Play By Email (PBEM)