Is there a tournament being planned in the next weeks?

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Korsun Pocket?

Moderators: AlexS, Joss, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Arckon » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:44 pm

Fantassin said:
A very good scenario for sure but too much balanced in favor of the germans. This was addressed in BiN and BiI versions.

Argh, well the Bin version is the one I have actually played.
Arckon
Captain
Captain

Postby Arckon » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:27 pm

Thought would run this idea by everyone to see what they think. Upcoming KP Tourney maybe possible test run, and I would be prepared to run the tourney.

"War Tourney"

1/ Everyone participates all 3 rounds. ( Ultimately would like to see each round progress to the next title in the series chronologically but may not be enough players with all 3 titles )

2/ Players go into a random draw to determine side they play. They play there allocated side (axis/allies) the whole tourney.
Top 10/12 players own random draw so as say the allies aren't stacked with say 7 top players and axis only 3 top players. Would be 5/5 or 6/6 etc.

3/ Running total kept to see which side is winning the war and scored as following:

Draw 1 pt each side
Marginal 2 pts winning side
Decisive 3 pts winning side
Overwhelming 5 pts winning side
( All opponents of course claim as individual ladder result )

4/ Round 1 Top 10/12 players go into the random draw against each other and the rest into a random draw.

Round 2 is a free for all draw so a not as good player may draw a Top Player.

Round 3 drawn same as round 1.
( No player to ever play the same player as previously though).

The "War" results could be updated at top of thread as a sticky. So everyone could see which side is currently winning the war.

Just floating the idea to see what people think.
Arckon
Captain
Captain

Postby sorcerer » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:16 pm

Interesting proposal...glad you are prepared to run it as it appears slightly more complicated than a normal tourney.

However I don't like relying on other people, all the collective responsibility crap :P

What three titles are you talking about?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Fantassin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:52 pm

It seems interesting. What do you mean by top 10/12 players ?
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Arckon » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:38 pm

sorcerer wrote:Interesting proposal...glad you are prepared to run it as it appears slightly more complicated than a normal tourney.

However I don't like relying on other people, all the collective responsibility crap :P

What three titles are you talking about?

Not really that much more complicated as is just like 3 successive rnd 1's of current tourney structure. Half the players are allied other half axis and draw done so axis player plays allied player. Would probably be an idea to drop it down to 2 rounds.

As for titles thought on this a little further for KP could play a different scenario for each of the 2 rounds. Then start a BII tourney 2 round (scenario) tourney continue the war on into that title. Then BIN.
So after KP tourney it may be Allies 21pts Axis 23pts therefore Axis at the moment winning the war. This carries over to the BII tourney. This way people who only have Bin or BII can just enter that tourney when it comes around. After all 3 tourneys finished you have Winner of the war.
Would use current process of getting player input as to what the scenario's they want for the tourney.
Arckon
Captain
Captain

Postby sorcerer » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:47 pm

Not all of us have all three titles..remember the people in this thread signed up for KP tournament.

How about 1. KP Full Campaign 2. Last Stand.
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Arckon » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:50 pm

Fantassin wrote:It seems interesting. What do you mean by top 10/12 players ?

Would probably be better dropping to 2 rounds.

Would probably work this out on previous tourney and ladder results. Obviously the Fantassins' (whose he), JSSs' etc immediately come to mind.

Also with the way the ladder works (I know not everyone worries about the ladder) your rankings increase more by playing a player better or similar to you, as opposed to say you Fantassin defeating a player like myself on the ladder your rank wouldn't rise much at all.

Again am floating the idea to see what everyone thinks.
Arckon
Captain
Captain

Postby Arckon » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:58 pm

sorcerer wrote:Not all of us have all three titles..remember the people in this thread signed up for KP tournament.

How about 1. KP Full Campaign 2. Last Stand.

No I realise that. That is why I said could run over 3 individual tourneys or can easily just run for KP only.

These comments from those of you interested are what will help determine the final format or if not enough interest just go with the normal format.
Just thought would be interesting and build a loyalty (team) type hype for the tourney while retaining the individual glory as well.
Arckon
Captain
Captain

Postby Doggie3 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:25 pm

I am another newcomer to KP and would like to play in a tournament if there is a spare slot.

I have no real opinion on Arckon's suggestion, but as this is my first tournament and attempt at PBEM, I would rather keep it simple to start with.

Look forward to the experience,

Cheers
Doggie3
Major
Major

Postby Auslander » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:19 am

I would definitely vote for easier scenarios rather than more difficult- although I am more than willing to take a drubbing in the name of learning...

Chris
One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

Sir Winston Churchill
Auslander
New Recruit

Postby Arckon » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:56 pm

Appears there is a lack of interest in my concept so will drop the above idea.
Arckon
Captain
Captain

Postby Noakesy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:51 pm

I'm happy to host this as a 'normal' tourny if you need someone to do it. I volunteered to do this generally a few weeks back if Rob needs help, and despite my very basic IT skills I can set up a thread and use the excel route Rob mentioned to run it. Just volunteering in case you need someone.

Cheers
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:55 pm

Looking at the recent correspondence, I think we have nearly 16 participants so far registered interest, which is a helpful number. I've checked with Rob and he's happy to post the tourny flow chart, and I'm happy to issue games and chase for updates. That only leaves which one to play:
a) Last Stand
b) Full Campaign

If you could let me have your votes please I'll set the tourny up?
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Aberdeen » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:48 pm

Noakesy wrote:If you could let me have your votes please I'll set the tourny up?

I'd vote for the full campaign, but happy enough with Last Stand ....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aberdeen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby sorcerer » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:25 pm

KP Full Campaign.
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Korsun Pocket Play By Email (PBEM)