TAO 3 2nd Chance (Losers) Tornament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Korsun Pocket?

Moderators: AlexS, Joss, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

TAO 3 2nd Chance (Losers) Tornament

Postby thewolf » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:43 pm

This is the tornament for all those losers in round 1. We will be trying to 'mirror' the official tornament as close as possible, but if losers would like to contact me at thewolf@pacific.net.au just to confirm their 'registration'. Question marks are from people I haven't had confirmation from.

Current Draw

Now you can see the draw in it's full HTML glory at...

http://home.pacific.net.au/~thewolf/2ndchance.html

:)
Last edited by thewolf on Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
TheWolf,

Winner of his FIRST Tornament match!

Current Matches
1: Burma as allies Vs Trojan
thewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby thewolf » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:40 pm

OK, round 2 has started in the tornament, I will with luck be invading e-mails of various people soon asking them if they wish to continue in the loosers tornament, the first two matchups are already prepared. We will be following exactly the same rules as the main competition, I'll even get my wife to toss the coin so no-one can acuse me of bias :)

The Wolf
ImageImage
TheWolf,

Current Matches
thewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Maxblaster » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:03 am

You can add my name to your list. The German advance is not going that smoothly right now, even more: the allies are already counterattacking! This will be an overwhelming defeat for me... some more turns until General Joel137 proposes an unconditional surrender of the German troops.

PS: I just want to make sure that I get an open slot for the losers' tournament :wink:
Maxblaster
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Fairfax » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:08 am

And I emailed you with my acceptance --- do I get extra units for being the person most thrashed as allies ??? :oops:
Fairfax
Captain
Captain

losers tournament

Postby Vampire » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:57 am

Hi Wolf,

I would like to play. Though I'm still severely beaten up from the previous match, I hope I will do a little better next time. Fairfax, I wish you more luck than I had last match. (and even with more luck I wouldn't have won)

Greetinxz,

Vampire.
Vampire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Fairfax » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:02 am

Vampire - I shall look forward to bashing it out with you - Wolfs idea is great - 8 more people will have won soon !!!!
Fairfax
Captain
Captain

Postby Robjess » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:13 am

So what will the loser of the losers be called? The biggest loser? :) And what will the winner be the best loser? :)

What if I dont wanna play or if someone else doesnt want to take up the Tournament, will you use some of the reserves from the official Tournament?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Vampire » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:32 am

robjess wrote:What if I dont wanna play or if someone else doesnt want to take up the Tournament, will you use some of the reserves from the official Tournament?

Seems like a good idea to me, if they [reserves] want to play, this would be a good opportunity.

Vampire.
Vampire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Snoadog » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:58 am

I reserve can have my spot in the losers tourney. I had a chance so I'll let them have a chance :)
Snoadog
Private
Private

Postby thewolf » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:41 am

*grin* careful guys, if too many of you bow out for the reserves, there will be holes in this tornament, let's just see how it goes...

Now as soon as I get home tonight and check my e-mail, I will start handing out 'assignments' for you all. :)

And if you've already lost, please send me your e-mail address (to thewolf@pacific.net.au) as otherwise I can't contact you.

(See, Run5 take their privacy policy seriously, even if it does make my life difficult :(

The Wolf
ImageImage
TheWolf,

Current Matches
thewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Robjess » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:58 am

thewolf wrote:See, Run5 take their privacy policy seriously, even if it does make my life difficult :(
The Wolf

Just to add some context.. The Wolf asked me if I could pass onto him the email addresses of the people who didnt progress into Round 2 of the TAO Tournament. I said that our privacy policy didnt allow us to pass on anyones email address without their consent and I suggested that he asked all TAO losers :) via this thread to contact him directly and let him know if they wanted to play in this tournament.

So to that end - if you havent progressed into Round 2 - then please email The Wolf and let him know if you intend to play in the TAO losers Tournament - should it be called TAO 2nd Chance draw! :)

Could any of the TAO Tournament Reserves email The Wolf also and just let him know if you are interested in playing in this one..

/Public Service Announcement Mode Off
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby thewolf » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:53 pm

Thanks Rob.

I have sent the first email off, Vampire and Fairfax being the first pair to face off in the 2nd chance draw!!! :)

I have recieved others as well, Note I have taken off the question mark beside those who have sent me emails directly. (the address again, thewolf@pacific.net.au) Once you've lost (and the reserves as well), please send me an email!!!

The Wolf
ImageImage
TheWolf,

Current Matches
thewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Robjess » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:40 pm

Right this thread is now a sticky! I deserves some attention..

Wolf.. count me in.. give me a an opponent and a gun.. I will slip you moderator access if I end up as the Allies :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Tournieladder

Postby Vampire » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:37 am

Hi TheWolf,

can we have a nice tournieladder like the one in the official tournament?

Vampire.

p.s. The panzers have started their engines and are on the roll again. This time I hope to do better... (as will Fairfax, so maybe we're up for a nice fight 8) ) If things get a bit interesting, I will keep you informed on this forum.
Vampire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby thewolf » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:01 pm

OK, I have the draw up on the page below.

http://home.pacific.net.au/~thewolf/2ndchance.html

No special backgrounds and the like, just the draw and more prompting to register. As I said, if people don't contact me within a reasonable timeframe, I'll advertise for others to fill in for those who are not interested or just not contacted myself.

Oh and Rob, I will not be bribed in any way shape or form to alter the results of my wife's coin toss :) At least not by something that isn't in the form of negotiable currency :)

The Wolf
ImageImage
TheWolf,

Current Matches
thewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Korsun Pocket Play By Email (PBEM)