KP Gallipoli Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Korsun Pocket?

Moderators: AlexS, Joss, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Robjess » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:46 am

Who won?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby JSS » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:32 pm

It was a marginal Allied win for me in the semi-finals.
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby Robjess » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:12 pm

Fantassin - Capt Feathersword - how is your game going - its only a short scenario?!?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:03 pm

we are on turn 10 (I think) and I am being overrun, no surprise there. I'll probably be surrendering by the end of the weekend or early next week once the score turns in his favor.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fantassin » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:55 am

:? Err... Cpt. I just played my 9th turn and the score is already an overwhelming victory in my favor.
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:07 am

Fantassin wrote::? Err... Cpt. I just played my 9th turn and the score is already an overwhelming victory in my favor.

:lol: ...I must admit I have not been paying much attention to this one.
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fantassin » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:13 pm

Extract from GALLIBOLI WARS. This site gives a Turkish POV of the battle at Gallipolli (English translation is rather broken). April, 25th 1915.

At midnight, clock was showing 2 am. A few battle ships were infront of "Kaba tepe" and "Ari Burnu" shores. Almost 1500 armed Australian sailed from the battleship to the shores. None of them knew what could happened. They came from far from these land for their colonists. The travel to the unknown shores was quite.

When they were close to the shores 3 hundred yards, there was still no sound. Then suddenly, a fire was increased from the cliffs to the sky. Everybody knew what this means. The men jumped from the boats and began to reach to the shores. Under heavy fire, some were shot, some drowned because of their heavy packs, and a few of them could reach the shores. The Anzac legend had began. Unexpecttedly this wasn't a beach, cliffs were standing infront of them as an obstacle. The fire came from the hills to down yard like a rain. Their situation were hopeless. Shots and cries had filled the air.

When the sun raised, they understood where they were. The sunrise showed that they were not on the Kabatepe beach. The current last night had swept them a mile north of the main target. Now they stuck in a norrow beach between the sea and the sharp cliffs. The troops had spread over the beach. Some groups of Australian had panetrated in land for a mile or more, but most of them were still on the beach among the rocks and the scrub of the ravines. The situation of the Turkish troops on the hills were the same as much as the Dominions.

One of the Turkish commander just received the information that the Anzac troops had landed on Ariburnu beach. He was standing with his division at the behind of defence line as a reserve unit. At 6.30 he received an order to stop the Anzack attack. Immediately he moved to stop this attack. The march was slow and the time was flowing. The area was also unknown for Turkish. The two quides were lost, Turkish officer found his way with his own ability. Because of long walk, he left his division for rest. When he reached the hills, he saw the battle ships and the transports in the sea. The worse thing was there was no defense infront of the Anzak troops. When he reached the slope of Chunuk Bair, he met a party of Turkish soldiers. They were running back and the enemy was close to the hills. He sent his officers to bring his division to the battle field. He stoped the Turkish soldiers and asked them why they were running. The answer was quite simple: "Sir the enemy" pointing down the hill. He ordered them to fight but they protested because they had no ammunition.

This was the most critical situation of the Gallipoli war. He ordered again and forced them to fix their bayonets and lie down in a line. When the enemy saw their defence motion, they also stopped. In his report, the moment that they gained and changed the destiny of the war. He knew that his division and the other support groups could not stop more than 6 thousand soldiers. With his division and other units he started the fire. He immediately realized the situation of the war and arranged his units against this. He also ordered other officer to attend the war to stop the Anzak troops. His words are well know in our history because these words are missunderstood:" I don't order you to attack, I order you to die. In the time which passes until we die other troops and commanders can take our place." This young commander was the founder of modern Turkiye (Turkey) and his name is Mustafa Kemal (*). This was the epic of 57th Turkish Regiment. There was nobody left from this unit after the fight.They all died for Turkish land.

[i]later Turkey's first president, better known as "Ataturk" ("Father of the Turks")[i]

The Gallipoli's tourney final between JSS commander of ANZAC forces and me leading the Turkish defense has come to an end.

I'm pleased to anounce that after eight days (read 16 turns) of hard fought battles, The Turkish forces have decisively beaten the enemy invaders (100 VP). All objectives but Monash Gully, Turkey Knoll and Table Top, stay firmly in Turkish hands and losses were minimal (2 units killed to 1 ANZAC).

This has been a great game and a great tournament. Thanks to my opponents and to Robjess for devising this well balanced scenario and administrating this tourney.
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:58 am

Well there's a shock :shock: :lol: , as usual congratulations on winning the tourney.
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:30 pm

Hey, guys i don't want to be unkind here but sometimes do you like to see a winner just pop out the blue instead of the same group? And because of his age, Fantassin is like the next Guderian i bet. Son-of-the-Father of Blitzkrieg! He is even able to twist the Normandy situation, or win the Ardennes Offensive! But guys, let's give a clap to JSS and Fantassin! :D :D :D :D :D I wish they would get a clap icon on Phpbb you know ....

Previous

Return to Korsun Pocket Play By Email (PBEM)