New Fall Gelb Scenario version

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Italy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

New Fall Gelb Scenario version

Postby BossGnome » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi,

I just downloaded Abwehr's new Fall Gelb version, and I was looking for a skilled and determined opponent to try it out with me. It's probably not perfect in terms of realism, given that from what I understand its a compromise given the lack of success fixing the timed replacements problem (which, I just realized now, also haunts the On To Moscow scenario), but it should still be a bunch of fun, and if we feel in the least bit ambitious we even can post our comments on this forum afterwards. Who knows, we might actually contribute to making this scenario better.

So, if you're interested, please send me an e-mail at my usual gaming address, guillaumelamothe@yahoo.com. I only have space for 1 game, so the first person to do so will probably be my opponent. I'll put a second post here once the spot is filled so everyone knows.

Cheers!
BossGnome
Sergeant
Sergeant

Moscow problems ?

Postby critter » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:45 pm

What timed replacement problem? Units rebuild to full strength if you let them set for awhile.
Rebuilding cadre's isn't possible in BII.
I think the only prob in OTM is there isn't enough Russians. I remember playing GDW's Op typhoon board game. You needed a shovel to put them on..
Bru could have been up against a unit limit though...
critter
Major
Major

Postby Abwehr » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 pm

The timed step problem luckily only affects units with initial KIA's, of which there were only 3 in the scenario, but all of them are full strength now so the problem should not occur.

The timed steps given to the other units should work as intended.

The realism of the scenario isn't perfect because

1) I'm not a scenario designer and don't know how to insert new units. I can modify most of the scenario with the editor, but didn't actually insert any new units.

The Dutch are still missing most of their artillery, to name one issue. There were about a thousand, mostly obsolete, guns pointed at the Germans at the Grebbeline, but in the game the Dutch player has about 2 artillery regiments for the task.

2) Unlike Battlefront and Kharkov, divisions don't have all their support assets included. I'm not sure if there is actually a limit to the amount of units that could be tied to a division, but in most scenarios divisions only have 4 units. Divisional integrity still works with 5 and possibly with 6 units.

A possible workaround would be to split divisions up into different parts in the OOB, such as a 5 unit 1st Panzer division and a 5 unit 1st Panzer division support assets, with the same divisional integrity and a houserule that they should operate together.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Re: New Fall Gelb Scenario version

Postby Amgot » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:25 am

BossGnome wrote:Hi,

I just downloaded Abwehr's new Fall Gelb version, and I was looking for a skilled and determined opponent to try it out with me. It's probably not perfect in terms of realism, given that from what I understand its a compromise given the lack of success fixing the timed replacements problem (which, I just realized now, also haunts the On To Moscow scenario), but it should still be a bunch of fun, and if we feel in the least bit ambitious we even can post our comments on this forum afterwards. Who knows, we might actually contribute to making this scenario better.

So, if you're interested, please send me an e-mail at my usual gaming address, guillaumelamothe@yahoo.com. I only have space for 1 game, so the first person to do so will probably be my opponent. I'll put a second post here once the spot is filled so everyone knows.

Cheers!

Your offer is a month old, so I don't know if you're still interested but I sent you a mail anyway.
Amgot
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby jjdenver » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:01 am

I'd go for a game of Fall Gelb if anyone is still interested - using the latest version wherever that is available from - not sure myself.
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Abwehr » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:05 pm

The latest version of both the original Brubaker version (1.2) and my edit can be found in this thread: http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic. ... 0&start=15

Let me know if the links are dead and I'll upload the files again.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:29 am

Hi,

FYI the link has expired due to 10 downloads (the max) occuring.

Can you please create a new DL link?

Thanks
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Abwehr » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:48 am

Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Battles in Italy Play By Email (PBEM)