LF PBEM opponent Fall Gelb (preferred) or Sealion

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Italy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

LF PBEM opponent Fall Gelb (preferred) or Sealion

Postby jjdenver » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:55 am

Pls send PM w/ email and side preferred - any side ok
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby jjdenver » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:20 am

--bump

still looking. someone must want to play. this scenario looks like a ton of fun. i'll take either side.
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Abwehr » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:47 am

Sorry for the late reply, thought you were only looking for a Fall Gelb opponent.

Fall Gelb has a few issues that make playing the vanilla version very hard for the Allies, which is why I'm updating it.

I'm game for Sealion, I'll check whether that scenario is configured correctly and doesn't have any oddities in the editor.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:34 am

Oh I didn't know you were updating Fall Gelb? How long until you are done? We could playtest the changes?
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Haplo_Patryn » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:05 am

jjdenver wrote:Oh I didn't know you were updating Fall Gelb? How long until you are done? We could playtest the changes?

Look here.

http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3998&start=360
Haplo_Patryn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Abwehr » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:43 am

Oh I didn't know you were updating Fall Gelb? How long until you are done? We could playtest the changes?

I'm currently playtesting with critter, but we could also playtest it if you want to.

I've spend the last few hours on editing the Sealion scenario. It's a bit of a weird scenario, so I don't really have any idea of how my changes will affect the scenario, but only playtesting will show.

The list of changes is very long, in any case.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:50 am

sure we could try sealion instead I think if you already have a playtester for fall gelb
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Abwehr » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:42 am

I'd be more than happy to play Fall Gelb if that has your preference, it's just that I've played that scenario (or rather: the first 10 turns of it) so many times that it's not as enjoyable as playing a scenario which is new to me, like Sealion.

I'll start a thread detailing my changes to the scenario tomorrow. After spending the last few hours making even more changes, I'm fairly done with looking at a screen for now.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:48 am

Ok anything I can do to help someone who's updating/fixing scenarios is something I'd like to do. I'd be happy to playtest Sealion if that's the one you prefer. It's really great to see these scenarios being improved!

Pick your side preference and we can start whenever you like.

Btw - I've tried playing War in Europe as allies 3 times and each time it crashes when i open allied turn 2. Any clue why this could be happening? My opponent says he is able to play allies just fine.

Also I heard that the game crashes:
A) when Americans enter
and
B) When Leningrad is taken by Germany

Any truth to these rumors?

Thx
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Abwehr » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:54 pm

Scenarios can crash for a multitude of reasons, mostly related to units appearing near the edge of the map, which causes the game to become very unstable.

Even a scenario like on to moscow, where units are not likely to appear next to the edge of the map normally, can crash if enough alert units arrive on a turn.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jjdenver » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:28 pm

Hm - interesting. That seems like something SSG could patch.

Also scenario designers could work around it by bringing units in several hexes away from the map edge. Maybe updating some scenarios to move units of the edge would be a good idea.
jjdenver
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Battles in Italy Play By Email (PBEM)