AAR Rommel Master of Battle German

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Italy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Talos » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:01 am

German Turn 16
4th Pz Armee

The Prajov and Nizhna Kalinovski sectors remain quite, though the 17th Pz Div continues to move towards the front at Kalatsch. The 17th Pz Div will move around the northern flank of the 385th Division and start to probe the flank and rear of the Soviet position, hopefully trying trying to pick off some support units.
Turn 16 End Nizhna Kalinovski

All remains quite at Nizhna Chirskaya with no other Soviet reinforcements spotted heading in this direction.
Turn 16 End Nizhna Chirskaya

Wiking and major elements of the 116th attack two regiments of the 15th GRD, killing one off and severely damaging another which will be killed off next turn. After this the two divisions will head north to reinforce the main positions or possibly in the case of Wiking be used to attack the Soviet 5th Tank Army flank with the 17th Pz Div.
Turn 16 End Wiking and 116th

At Kalatsch west German units continue to dig in and a number of reinforcements are now placed behind the main defensive live. I now also start to shift some units into the Kalatsch perimeter proper, the first such unit is the recon of the 11th Pz Div and other units of this division and 336th are shifted closer to the bridges.
Turn 16 End Kalatsch West

Noakesy continues his relentless assault on the Kalatsch perimeter and i suffer more casualties in the form of step losses and am forced to give up some more ground leaving the way open for Noakesy to attack Kalatsch proper. I now have to hope for luck on the dice rolls to keep the Soviet forces out of Kalatsch.
Turn 16 End Kalatsch

6th Armee
As per the previous turn, at Peskovatka the 32nd Cavalry Division finally encircles the 76th Division but does not launch any attack, at Vertjatschi all remains quite.
Turn 16 End Peskovatka and Vertjatschi

Along the Marinowka front, a regiment of the 422nd pushes through the German line, an immediate counter attack is launched by several German units which force it back across the river and stabilises the situation. Further north elements of the 4th Mech and a recon unit probe the German position.
Turn 16 End Karpovka
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Talos » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Just a quick note to say both games have now finished with Noakesy hoisting the white flag after a couple of well foughtbattles. Both were enjoyable and I would like to take the chance to thank Noakesy for purservering with one of them beyond the norm so as to high light what is possible.

For the record the Soviet game was an OWV and the German game a DV.

Will post the remaining turns as quickly as possible to where the games stopped, 18/19 for the Soviets and 20 for the Germans.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:25 pm

Talos wrote:Just a quick note to say both games have now finished with Noakesy hoisting the white flag after a couple of well foughtbattles. Both were enjoyable and I would like to take the chance to thank Noakesy for purservering with one of them beyond the norm so as to high light what is possible.

For the record the Soviet game was an OWV and the German game a DV.

Will post the remaining turns as quickly as possible to where the games stopped, 18/19 for the Soviets and 20 for the Germans.

A pleasure old chap, even if the result was in some ways inevitable I at least felt in one of them like I had a chance for a few turns (well, turns 1-3 I think... :wink: :lol: )

Well played though, thoroughly deserved winner.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Talos » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:11 pm

German Turn 17
One of the things i start thing about now is if it will be possible to launch any form of concentrated counter attack against Soviet forces of the 5th Tank Army, to try and pick off some units to make the VP situation better. I will certainly try to though to some extent it will depend on Noakesy troop dispositions.

4th Pz Armee
The Prajov, Nizhna Kalinovski and Lissinski sectors remain quite, and are now probable safe until the end of the game.
Turn 17 End Nizhna Kalinovski and Nizhna Chirskaya

Further to the north Wiking and the 116th finish off the damaged regiment of the 15th GRD and attack the last regiment forcing it back across the river.
Turn 17 End Wiking

West of Kalatsch the 17th Pz Division scouts around the flank of the Soviet defensive line and Infantry forces push forward and retake some ground, though no attacks are launched this turn as all the arty was used in the battles further south with Wiking.
Turn 17 End Kalatsch West

At Kalatsch i have not lost any more ground and have reinforced the troops in the perimeter with some fresh units from the west including another unit of the 11th Pz Div to help hold the line. The object will be to stack units 3-4 to a hex and so get the benefit of the arty shifts and cut down on the attack shifts from soviet arty. But basically all I can do here is sit n the defensive and shift troops around to the best locations.
Turn 17 End Kalatsch

6th Armee
As per the previous turn, at Peskovatka the 32nd Cavalry Division still encircles the 76th Division but does not launch any attack and at Vertjatschi all remains quite.
Turn 17 End Peskovatka and Vertjatschi

At Marinowka i get some freedom to manoeuvre against a unit of the 4th Mech Corps that is out on its own and manage to surround it. The attack forces it to un-entrench with a retreat result and causes one step of damage, providing Noakesy does to launch a relief effort or cause a problem along the perimeter to the south it should be finished off next turn.
Turn 17 End Marinowka
[IMG]
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Talos » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:15 am

German Turn 18
4th Pz Armee

Not much happening in the Nizhna Chirskaya and Nizhnna Kalinovski sector as the 6th Pz Panzer Division move to support the 17th Pz Division and the cavalry Kg retake some ground from Soviet forces.
Turn 18 End Nizhna Chirskaya and Nizhna Kalinovski

German forces continue to probe the German position with the 17th pz Division moving further about the flank of 5th Tank Army. Just behind the main line Wiking forms up in reserve and prepares for counter attacking opportunities, though Noakesy is not leaving much at the moment.
Turn 18 End Kalatsch West
Noakesy continues to press against the Kalatsch perimeter and cause casualties to the defending forces, but nothing to serious yet, though i do rotate a regiment out of the perimeter and put into reserve. Further south Noakesy's infantry and cavalry forces are pressing against the defenders along the Don river, trying to find a hole to push through.
Turn 18 End Kalatsch South

6th Armee
As per the previous turn, at Peskovatka the 32nd Cavalry Division still encircles the 76th Division but does not launch any attack and at Vertjatschi all remains quite.
Turn 18 End Peskovatka and Vertjatschi
Along the Marinowka front all remains quite apart from my attacks to finish off the brigade of the 4th Mech Corps. Also further to the north is a recon unit out on its own which will be my next target unless Noakesy removes or reinforces it and there is no attack along the 6th Armee perimeter.
Turn 18 End Marinowka
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Previous

Return to Battles in Italy Play By Email (PBEM)