Barbarossa Mulitplayer AXIS Thread

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Italy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:52 pm

Noakesy, so many decisions... and such a little amount of men. You must be praying that the Führer/OKH provide you with more men, and not rubbish substandard ones :D

Postby Noakesy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:06 am

AGS advances are complete, latest orders requested the following objectives be taken:
i) Kherson - taken
ii) Cherkassy - attacked, but Ivan holds on
iii) Kiev - approached

In conjunction, I am to threaten an advance into the Crimea, and move up to Denpropetrovsk without crossing the Dneiper.

I think that in the long term these are attainable objectives, but my supply situation is so dreadful that I dare not advance anyfurther. My Romanian cavalry have obviously run out of oats, but are located with in-supply troops, whilst the sprearheads are down to their last bullets and gas (and the supply trucks themselves are short of fuel) - an audacious russki attack could spell serious problems for AGS.
Attachments
Barbarossa03AGS.sav
(134.14 KiB) Downloaded 581 times
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:17 pm

Hmm doesnt look good.. I think I have released the wrong version of this scenario.. the supply system looks stuffed! Germans cant even come close to winning this in this scenario..

I need to address this..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Noakesy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:58 pm

Hope not, is it not the case that I've been too aggressive and marched too far too quickly in the south, are AGM and AGN similarly affected? I was only following orders :wink: and moving on as quickly as I could hoping to keep ivan on his toes, but as I say if he tries a risky counter-attack I could be in big trouble. Presume this problem wouldn't be created by any of us (ie me) using the wrong version in any way (or not installing it correctly)?
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:01 pm

No I have just checked the supply system in this scenario and its not right I dont think..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:49 am

Don't say the SEF (Soviet Espionage Force) have blocked communications between the Heeresgruppen and OKH has it?

Postby Twinkle » Sat May 13, 2006 8:22 pm

did the game die?
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby jpalacios35 » Sat May 13, 2006 8:56 pm

Twinkle wrote:did the game die?

No, Robjess will fix the scenario and after that we will start again :? . Since everybody agreed to play again hopefully it will be soon.
jpalacios35
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Battles in Italy Play By Email (PBEM)