TAO5 Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Italy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

StormCrow v. Vader

Postby StormCrow » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:07 am

An interesting aside...

In Vader's German game Bastogne is almost historical. The city is fully encircled. Its defenders (who squeaked in on turn 7) are McAuliffe, two regiments of the 101st, and one of the 9 ID. Relief forces are one hex away.

The non-historical part is that it is being assaulted by 3 SS divs, 2nd Pz, Lehr and assorted Infanterie.

I still hold the city after my turn 11, but it's getting iffy. The 9 ID regiment is down to 1 step and the 101st boys are down to two each. I am counterattacking each turn using 4 AD, the rest of the 101st, various 9 and 10 AD units and a few others. I only need to take one hex to replace those defenders with fresh, but I am just able to cause casualties, no possibility of a retreat yet.

Fortunately his western flank is giving way and his supply situation is becoming precarious.
Last edited by StormCrow on Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
StormCrow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Good games

Postby Vader » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:06 am

This one is over, Well played Stormcrow, well played ideed!! I was taken out in both matches, out played, specificly in the game machanics, I guess thats what I get for only playing the lastblitz scenario.

Will be looking forward to a rematch Sir in this scenario at some point, so keep an eye out for my challenge :wink:

Again Congrads, and be carfull Tempest

Vader
Vader
Sergeant
Sergeant

Finals Underway

Postby JSS » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:43 am

Championship mirror files issued. Good luck to Stormcrow & Tempest :D
JSS
Site Admin

Its Tempest... again

Postby JSS » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:41 am

Receiving reports that the challenger is seeking ceasefire terms... :shock: Looks like yet another TAO championship for the riegning heavy weight champ. Seems there's no stopping Tempest in the Ardennes. :twisted:

Congratulations to both players for a well played tournament. :D
JSS
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Battles in Italy Play By Email (PBEM)