BiI Testers Husky tourney

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Italy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:16 pm

Manny, every class i've been in I have been certified for good behaviour, but it's just (Possibly) the real world is a bit TOO big for me

get some lessons in how to write inoffensive messages to people or just plain don't send them in the first place.

Manny, i'm offended by that message. I really don't need lessons! It's just..well you guys are pretty much 1/2/3/4x older than me

I'm not saying i don't care about how you put all that work into making the battle, it's just, well [--content in PM--]

Another thing is that was the first harsh message i've sent via forum because i was just sick and tired of [--content in PM--]!

I do think you are an ass

It's blatently obvious why you think that,
A. Because of some things involved in these forums
B. I'm just not fully developed yet mentally and all them other ways.

Postby pete AU » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:02 pm

My god

The decorum of the forum is going downhill rapidly. Not since the great Monty -vs- Patton debate have I seen Manny speak in such unsavory tones.

Indeed - this is worse.

I am now considering turning off my message notifier as usually the messages are either WaR or sombody complaining about WaR. It was entertaining to start with - now its annoying.
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:26 pm

Can everyone please stop the off topic posting in here, I beg you.

WaR, I specifically sent you a PM asking you to no longer post in here period, I ask you again as I do not want people avoiding this topic in order to avoid you and missing something concerning the tourney.

As funny as this all is take the argument to a different board please.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Tester's Husky tournament

Postby Carl Myers » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:28 am

I am not in this tournament.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby chris miller » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:25 pm

What happened Carl?
chris miller
Major
Major

Postby Manny » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:01 pm

Chaps

On loading my second turn I get the message "Game not registered on this machine."

I'm playing on the same machine I started-on, have played no other BiI games in-between and have BiI v1.2

Any suggestions welcome!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My BiN Profile
"Modesty is not a virtue; it is useful only as a curb for youthful indescretion" - The Ethics of Aristotle

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Second turn problem

Postby Carl Myers » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:02 pm

Manny
Any suggestions welcome!

Has there been a system restore which would put the windows registery back to an earlier time? Can you load and play the setup file?
If other Allied players have the same problem, could be a bad tournament setup?
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Joe » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:43 pm

Manny, perhaps the sender sent it to you in error. Perhaps your opponent has not sent the turn.
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Second turn problem

Postby Manny » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:09 pm

Carl Myers wrote:Has there been a system restore which would put the windows registery back to an earlier time? Can you load and play the setup file?
If other Allied players have the same problem, could be a bad tournament setup?

I've not done a restore of anything (in fact I have system restore turned-off on my machine :lol: ) and yes I can actually load and play the setup file, which is what I did for my first turn then just sent via email through the big red button.

Be interested to hear if any other Allied players have the same problem ...

My BiN Profile
"Modesty is not a virtue; it is useful only as a curb for youthful indescretion" - The Ethics of Aristotle

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Manny » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:11 pm

Joe wrote:Manny, perhaps the sender sent it to you in error. Perhaps your opponent has not sent the turn.

My opponent has re-sent the turn to me and that did not work either.

This is a bit crazy really ... would not be too chuffed if I have to conceed on turn 2 :roll: !

My BiN Profile

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:34 pm

Hmmm, I've had no reports of this and my own game is progressing fine as we are on turn 4 now. This was a problem I saw quite a bit with KP, it usually happened when I had a lot of games going but I have not seen it in BiN or BiI.

Since it is so early (turn 2 right?) I would suggest a restart unless your opponent raises an objection to that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Manny » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:00 am

Re-installing has not fixed the problem so I think the best thing here is just for me to forfeit the game to Chris, as per the tournaments rules.

Gotta be the quickest Axis Husky victory in a while eh :lol:

My BiN Profile

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jpalacios35 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:16 am

Question: What it´s the name of file?

Some time ago I got a similar problem with BIN and the problem was that the file with the first turn did not had the word setup in it´s name.

So always I could play the first turn without problems but when I tried to play the second turn always got the same message.

Hope this help.
jpalacios35
Captain
Captain

Postby jpalacios35 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:21 am

Manny wrote:Chaps

On loading my second turn I get the message "Game not registered on this machine."

I'm playing on the same machine I started-on, have played no other BiI games in-between and have BiI v1.2

Any suggestions welcome!

Question: What it´s the name of file?

Some time ago I got a similar problem with BIN and the problem was that the file with the first turn did not had the word setup in it´s name.

So always I could play the first turn without problems but when I tried to play the second turn always got the same message.

Hope this help.

I remember now that Stevel had a similar problem.
jpalacios35
Captain
Captain

Postby chris miller » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:29 am

While it is nice to make it to the second round of the tournament, it's too bad it had to be like this. There's no fun in winning by default. If for some reason you can get it to work Manny, I would have no problem picking up where we left off. Also, if you would like me to resend the file, I could do that as well.
chris miller
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Italy Play By Email (PBEM)