BiI Testers Husky tourney

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Italy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby pete AU » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:12 pm

I believe it is the height of irony that WaR was given an opponent where 'patience is required'. hehehe.
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:57 pm

pete AU wrote:I believe it is the height of irony that WaR was given an opponent where 'patience is required'. hehehe.

:lol: :lol: I actually thought the same thing myself and realized my mistake too late, I clearly goofed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:48 pm

Guys let's just put a straight end to this. If i was an axis player this would of NEVER happened. And feathersword, it wasn't your fault for putting me with someone on vacation, it was my fault for being too eager to start (i'm not trying to be nice here)

you pay the price

I have suffered the consequences anyway. Maybe i should of read previous tourny threads for help...

given new users incorrect advice

Rob, i don't want to be rude here but i'm sure the guys could of found the scenario page himself from the link.

I know it says to respect each other in the FAQ, but it seems even from since i joined i'm the odd one out! What is the matter with my username?
I've been a goddamn fool on this forum. But i have learned at least one thing... don't over-smiley your posts (since first time i joined).

Now, i know this is going to shame me up really bad but what is Ritalin?

What is wrong with me which nobody else has?

Can we just agree to something where everybody is happy? You can set the conditions if you want because i just want to blend in but i'm only on Stage-1 so far.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Joel137 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:25 am

To the extent my tardiness has contributed to any of the problems, I apologize.

Vacation and the fact that for the last 10 days my home office has doubled as a guest bedroom has prevented my paying proper attention to matters. That situation is now over as of today.

I'll have to check tonight to see if I got the first move from WaR, and if so try responding. I didn't think the e-mail I got a couple of days ago had an attachment, but I may have overlooked it.

Again apologies.
Joel137
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:09 am

Joel the fact that you were on holidays has nothing to do with this rest easy.

WaR, there is nothing wrong with your name.

WaR, you have on several occassions given new users bad advice in relation to these games.. its not simply about you putting an incorrect link in your post.. it is about you provide advice in relation to the use of the editor - which has been simply incorrect. If you dont know the answer to a question then do post a response.. simple as that.

Furthermore.. whilst I hate to say it.. your actions bring this on yourself.. if you want to blend in then no one but yourself is in control of that.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Kingpin » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:06 am

Wacht am Rhein wrote:I've been a goddamn fool on this forum......

What is wrong with me which nobody else has?

Didn't you answer your own question?

A tip for you, post 1 time per day maximum.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kingpin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby chris miller » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:32 pm

Does anyone know if Manny is on vacation?
chris miller
Major
Major

Postby Manny » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:46 pm

Hey Chris, was away at the in-laws over the w/end - your turn will arrive sometime this evening :wink:

As per WAR I will just say that he is the only person who has offended me to such an extent on these boards that I now refuse to communicate with him, and he did it by sending me a PM that basically took my breath away (this is just after he asked me to have a PBeM of Kursk with him, BTW):

(I have paraphrased and re-typed the original PM to fit in with the rules !!)
- Sorry Manny, I can't play that PBeM of Kursk with you cos I just bought a new game and Kursk is just too big for me to play
- Why are you obsessed with Kursk (various examples are now included of me mentioning/plugging Kursk with numerous disparaging remarks)
- Can you add me as your MSN contact we can test some other battle

Suffice it to say I was mightily pissed-off so when he asked me for help on his mod I pointed him in Robjess's direction (sorry Rob, but no way I'm helping a moron like him).

But I digress. Apologies.

p.s. No, I did _not_ add him to my MSN and no way I'm going to be doing any other test battle with him !
Last edited by Manny on Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My BiN Profile
"Modesty is not a virtue; it is useful only as a curb for youthful indescretion" - The Ethics of Aristotle

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:49 pm

Who gave you authorization to post that? I know i didn't

Section of Board Rules STATES :

Private is Private
If someone posted you a Private Message then we expect you to keep it that way. It is against Run5 Rules for you to post the contents of a private message in a public forum without the authors consent.

Postby sorcerer » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:56 pm

Manny...he's got a point. However much you disagree on certain issues, and you think War has broken forum rules...I would have thought you would have been above breaking the rules. See ''board rules''

Private is Private
''If someone posted you a Private Message then we expect you to keep it that way. It is against Run5 Rules for you to post the contents of a private message in a public forum without the authors consent.''
Image Image Image Image Image Image
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Manny » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:57 pm

ok so I am breaking the rules!! I apologies for this one-off error on my part however you are a complete misfit and I'm sure you have broken just about every rule there is possible to break whether it has even been written-down or not and this is just to demonstrate the point of what an ass you are :-)

p.s. Sorry I didn't realise you had an email address in there, just removed it

My BiN Profile
"Modesty is not a virtue; it is useful only as a curb for youthful indescretion" - The Ethics of Aristotle

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Manny » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:01 pm

Ok ok, I will re-write his post and paraphrase it so as not to break the rules and keep everyone happy.. ..

My BiN Profile

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:01 pm

Manny, my message was harsh i agree but you ought to remove it as it is against rules for goodness sake....
After calling me an ass do you really expect me to be happy whatever you do??!!

Postby Manny » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:08 pm

Ok, my post is now rules-safe.

But the point is I guess this to you WAR : why do you send such messages in the first place ??????

Do you not realise you are going to grossly offend people like myself who spend literally months of their lives researching and designing something for you to just come along and slag them off for doing-so. You must either not care or not realise and either way yes I do think you are an ass of the first degree.

My advice to you is this : get some lessons in how to write inoffensive messages to people or just plain don't send them in the first place.

My BiN Profile

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Twinkle » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:15 pm

Wacht am Rhein wrote:Manny, my message was harsh i agree but you ought to remove it as it is against rules for goodness sake....

WaR: not harsh, but a bit stupid I would say... you just don't ask for a game and second after send a massage stating that you don’t want to play, the scenario is not good so you must mod it yourself plus accusing the creator of boosting too much (no scenario creator can do that), and finally asking for help with modding it as you clearly don’t have a clue about the workings of the editor.

I never though your Eyeball incarnation could exist (just not possible) and I surely don't think anyone posting like you can exist... so please cease being on this forum.
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Italy Play By Email (PBEM)