BiI Testers Husky tourney

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Italy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:36 am

pete AU wrote:Hmmm - I dont appear to be on the ladder. Yet, I have an email from an email address i don't recognise (feathersword)? - jbluet..... So I guess I should be there.

Yup, I am your opponent in round 1, sorry, I should have mentioned that in the email :oops: .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Joel137 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:45 am

Cpt. Feathersword wrote:Right now we are waiting on Joel137 and Chris Merchant to respond to my request (thru this forum topic and PM's to each) to provide their email addresses so we can start. If anybody is playing either of them and can send them an email or otherwise get me their addresses we can start this up.

I just PMed Feathersword, sorry I was out of e-mail for an inopportune few days. :oops:
Joel137
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:21 pm

Joel what's your address?

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:57 am

I've got a little story to tell :
Feathersword, i got your e-mail so i did my turn and didn't right Joel's address down. So then, expecting a fast reply i waited. I soon after deleted the Tourny file, downloaded it again to re-do my turn (and this time write down the address) but it's expecting turn 2. Is this cheating? Does this mean i have to drop out? Could you send a file with a similiar name?

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:27 am

Why not just wait for him to send you the next turn to get his address? What exactly is your major malfunction? It is pretty obvious that redoing your turn is cheating but since you had already sent off the turn to him I don't think it was your intent to cheat.

Why would you expect a fast reply when I stated he was on vacation and that patience was required?

I don't know wether to laugh :lol: or cry :cry: , we have not gotten thru 1 turn and already you've sent me emails and posted a bunch of nonsense.

Dude, just chill out and don't do or say anything stupid, if at all possible. The next time you want to send me an email or post something please walk away from your computer and think it over for a while, seriously. If you have trouble determining if your post or email is valid talk to your parents or some other adult and let them decide. If you are still not sure then don't say, do or post anything.

I am not a patient person and you are on my last nerve, please don't send me anymore emails, unless you're heart stops beating and you need an ambulance please do not correspond with me in anyway, delete my email address from your address book.

It is not even noon and I am pouring myself a glass of scotch.
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby chris miller » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:45 am

Heh, thank you.

Wacht am Rhein you do need to relax. You've only been a member on this forum for almost 2 months and you have more posts than people who've been on here for 2 years!! I think this should tell you something. There are many things that you unnecessarily post. I think it's great that you're really into the games and this forum, but do yourself a favor and RELAX. Quit posting so spontaneously and irresponsibly as it makes you appear erratic and juvenile. Otherwise, enjoy yourself!
chris miller
Major
Major

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:15 am

So am i out of the Tournament? I'll try to keep my posting down.

I think it would be better me practising DBWWII games than posting everything that comes off the top of my head :lol:

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:33 am

No you're not out, 1/2 a nerve left now. You still don't get it? We are not saying to keep your posting down we are saying to keep it sensible and stop posting your nonsense, think before you post, damn you are thick.
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:13 am

Let's just clean this up.

If you send me the file of the secure setup (different name)
I can do my turn again
Then send it off.
It would just be a whole lot easier!

Getting email address

Postby Carl Myers » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:35 am

No need.

Double click on your Husky secure setup file.
When error message appears, click the Observe option.
Start turn 1.
Hit x to end program.
Go to Secure folder and delete the BuildSave.sav and Data.sav files.
Restart BiI.
Click Start New Game.
Click Play Scenario.
Click Setup Email Game.
Write down email address.
End BiI by hitting the x.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:20 am

Carl, since i did my Turn 1 and messed things up, it says
"Expecting Turn 2"

Buttons avalible
- Ok
Last edited by Guest on Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Robjess » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:26 am

WachtamRhein... there is some valuable advice for you here.. make sure you re-read these posts over and over again. Its not only me who you are upsetting its now other people on the forums.. since you have been here I have already had to restricted the use of Polls and close down my own public webspace which I was using to distribute files and scenarios which people wanted tested.. and you have on many occassions repeatedly given new users incorrect advice (including just within the last 24 hours providing a link which again is incorrect)...

The amount of rework you have caused me (personally) since you have come along is incredible..

And now this.. each time something happens I keep telling myself.. no dont delete his account again, he is only young, give him one more chance...

Its got to the point now that I mostly ignore your messages and the emails you send me.. but at the end of the day if your actions are now impacting upon the time that other people spend here also then maybe I need to do something. The last thing I want to occur is that other people stop coming to these forums due to the actions of one person.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:29 am

And whilst I am not the Tournament Master for this Tournament, the Tournament Master can send you the same Tournament files again but we should not be setting up a new Tournament game for you because you have simply stuffed up and not followed proceedures.

Playing with Tournament files is a no no! We have stricted rules around this and whilst you say that you didnt do it to cheat.. we can never be 100% of that.. and therefore.. if you have stuffed the security and integrity of the files at your end then you pay the price and if you can not get the game to continue play when your opponent responds to you then you will default your game.

Simple.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:36 am

Wacht am Rhein wrote:Let's just clean this up.

I can do my turn again
Then send it off.
It would just be a whole lot easier!

Oy vey! There is no problem, you tried to play turn 1 over again and it did not let you, when you receive your turn 2 you should have no problem opening it up and playing it and then you can see his email address.

Also, ask your parents to get you some Ritalin.
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jpalacios35 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:45 am

Cpt. Feathersword wrote:Also, ask your parents to get you some Ritalin.

That was funny! :D
jpalacios35
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Italy Play By Email (PBEM)