Battles in Italy Husky Tournament!

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Italy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Robjess » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:27 am

Here is a copy of the email which I have issued to all players:

:You have registered to play in the Run5/SSG PBEM Operation Husky Tournament for Battles in Italy.

Now that the PBEM Secure Patch 1.02 has been released for Battles in Italy, we will shortly be commencing the Tournament and you are therefore asked to confirm your registration for the Tournament.

To confirm that you would still like to play in the Tournament you must reply to this email, stating that you confirm that you want to play. You must do this by midnight Friday 22nd July 2005.

We ask that people confirm their registration as we currently have more players registered then there are slots available for the Tournament. A currently list of registrants and the Tournament rules can be found here: http://ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2062

Failure to confirm your registration by midnight Friday 22nd July 2005 may result in you being removed from the Tournament.

Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Robjess – the Tournament Master.

Robjess."

If you did not received this email and your name is on the list of registered players.. please contact me via email or the private message facilities of this forum.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby stevel40831 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:33 pm

Just in case the tourney kicks off this weekend -- to my opponent, I will be away until Sunday night and will take my first turn when I get back.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out."

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:24 am

OK the Tournament is about to commence, I am about to post the drawings for Round 1 and also issue the games to the players who made it into the Tournament.

We received more registrations then there were slots available within the Tournament. We did not recieve enough registrations for a 64 player Tournament and therefore the Tournament has been restricted to 32 players only.

I have attempted to conduct the draws as fairly as possible. I know that some people may be unhappy that they have not been offered a slot in this Tournament, and I ask that they be understanding and appreciate that this process is not fun one for the Tournament Master.

This is how Tournament players were selected from the registrants.

All Registrations were recordered in the order that they registered. As with other Run5 Tournaments, the sooner you registered for the Tournament the greater chance you would have in being a starter.

Due to the delays between when registrations were opened and when the PBEM secure Patched was released (which would enable the Tournament to begin), I issued emails to all registrants (and announced via this forum) that registrants had to confirm their registration and their intention to play.

I did this for two reasons, to remove players from the pool who no longer wanted to play in the Tournament (as we had more wanting to play then there were slots available) and to ensure that all first Round games ran smoothly; that is that no games were commenced against players who had 'disappeared' and didnt want to play anymore.

Those players who confirmed registration were they sorted in the order that they registered. All SSG and SSG Testers were excluded from entering this Tournament and they were removed from the pool of registrants.

The first 32 players were then selected to commence in the Tournament.

These players are listed in the attached Tournament Ladder and drawings.

Operation Huksy Tournament Ladder.

Whilst I appreciate that some people may not agree with this process and may be disappointed, this decision is final. Notwithstanding, as per current Tournament Rules, if a Tournament player does not complete their Round 1 game, then there is scope for that player to be removed from the Tournament and reserve brought into the Tournament to cover their slot. So those players who did not make the Tournament are all currently listed as reserves (in the order that you registered).

If you registered to play in the Tournament and have not confirmed your registration you may confirm your slot as a reserve by doing so now.

And then finally, in a week or so we will be commencing an SSG/Testers Tournament (because we dont want to be left out either) - and any players who did not make it to into this Public Tournament are welcome to play be included in the SSG/Testers Husky Tournament. If you are keen then please email me.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Arckon » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:27 pm

Ok I always get confused as to who the first turn is sent to.

Am I right in it will go out to Allies, if so assuming has not been sent yet.
Arckon
Captain
Captain

Postby Kingpin » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:42 pm

Arckon wrote:Ok I always get confused as to who the first turn is sent to.

Its goes to the Allied player.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kingpin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Hell Patrol » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:35 am

Kingpin wrote:
Arckon wrote:Ok I always get confused as to who the first turn is sent to.

Its goes to the Allied player.

:?: But the Axis sets up the game in secured so wouldn't they get the first turn...first? :wink:
EDIT: Nevermind, Thanks Carl 8) .
When there is no more room in Hell the dead will walk the Earth.
Hell Patrol
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Robjess » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:05 am

As Tournament Master.. I set up the games. I wont be able to do this until probably Tuesday or Wednesday now. So I will issue games at that time.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Arckon » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:08 pm

Thanks Robjess.
Arckon
Captain
Captain

Postby chris miller » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:19 am

Is there any possibility of a tournament for those of us whom weren't in the first 32? Of course, no prizes, but a tournament just the same. I can can see how there might be confusion having two tournaments for the same scenario at the same time, but would still like a chance to make it past the first round.
chris miller
Major
Major

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:23 am

Rob mentioned that those who did not make the 32 cut may be able to join in the testers tourney.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby chris miller » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:40 am

OH!
chris miller
Major
Major

Postby Noakesy » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:59 pm

Rob, is the plan at the end of the two tournys to have the winners play off against each other? By that time whoever wins amongst us rookies will know the game quite well. :)
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:14 pm

Thats the plan. I will attempt to get the PBEM games issues tonight, if not then I promise they will go out tomorrow night (my time) and I appreciate everyones patience whilst I have been tending to some other important real life issues.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:00 pm

All Round 1 Tournament games have now been issued to Allied players

http://www.ssg.com.au/tournamentspace/HuskyTourn.htm

If you are an allied player and you did not receive your Tournament PBEM file then please PM or email me.

Those players who did not make it to the Tournament and would like to be considered for the SSG/Testers Tournament please PM or Email me. First in best dressed - slots are limited.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:27 am

I'm not part of the tourny, but when the link opens, how come it says "MarArthur's Tournament April 2005"?

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Italy Play By Email (PBEM)