Basic question

Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Basic question

Postby JSP13 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi, I have a basic question. Once you're in a scenario, how do you go back to the main menu/start another scenario? Thanks for your help, JSP13
JSP13
New Recruit

Re: Basic question

Postby JSP13 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi, another quick question:
The manual mentions 'w' as hot key to display front lines on the strategic map. This hotkey doesn't seem to work. Is the only way to obtain a zoomed out view of the battle to dump the map to my harddrive and look at the image file? Thanks for your help, JSP13
JSP13
New Recruit

Postby JSS » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:36 pm

JSP13 wrote:Hi, I have a basic question. Once you're in a scenario, how do you go back to the main menu/start another scenario? Thanks for your help, JSP13

If you're playing a game (have a scenario open):

1) General answer: the only to go back to main menu/start new scenario is to close the program and open it again.

2) PBEM: you can only play one secure PBEM game at a time. You have to finish/hit end turn button of the secure pbem turn before you can play another pbem game.

3) Playing against AI: you can load a previously saved game (no need to close program)... this picks up at the point where you saved it.

JSS
JSS
Site Admin

Postby JSS » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:42 pm

JSP13 wrote:Hi, another quick question:
The manual mentions 'w' as hot key to display front lines on the strategic map. This hotkey doesn't seem to work. Is the only way to obtain a zoomed out view of the battle to dump the map to my harddrive and look at the image file? Thanks for your help, JSP13

1. For the game map, use the "f" (front line display) to toggle on/off the front line graphics.

2. At the top right of the game screen is the jump map (very small map below turn info/end turn button). Click on the bottom small rectangle to the left of the jump map. That gives you the alternative to map dumping to hard drive.
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Return to Battles in Italy Public Discussion