Sealion 1940

Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Talos » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:12 am

Noakesy wrote:
Strax wrote:The first time I played Pete's version, many moons ago, against the erstwhile Herr. Noakesy, he did manage to take London from the east. He had also reached as far as Box Hill in the south while his western forces were a little stuck.

I learned alot from that game and have never been beaten as the British since.

I don't think I could do this again Strax, I played this against Talos as the plucky brits and actually won (or Talos just threw the towel in). Either way, we both know how likely that is in a balanced game :cry:

Not quite true as i just ran out of time playing in the Kharkov final and writing up the turns, but have to agree to get any where with the Germans you would need an almost impossible amount of luck. When we stopped i was gaining the odd hex but was getting no where fast and did not have any great expectation of that changing any time in the near future and would have ended up losing, Noakesy had the appropriate strategy in place to pretty much stop me cold where it mattered. Should add when i have played the Brits i have driven the German forces back into the sea i think every time, so that perhaps gives a good indication of how balanced the scenario is.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby critter » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Talos wrote:Should add when i have played the Brits i have driven the German forces back into the sea i think every time, so that perhaps gives a good indication of how balanced the scenario is.

I can testify to that. Landing against Talos reminded me of the Aliens movie.. They were everywhere...I wanted to take off and blast the site from space..
Strax wupped up on my Germans on the beach with Pete's version. Thats the first time that has ever happened.
Goes to show...Balance is based on who you play....
critter
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Battles in Italy Public Discussion