Kharkov

Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby jhdeerslayer » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:47 pm

Bertram wrote:Thanks for the scenario. Anyone willng to play against me? (Been a long time since I played any DBWW)

On to the comments :) : I tried the scenario against the computer, me being soviet. During the first turn respons from the AI I got a CTD.

Me too. :(
jhdeerslayer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Noakesy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:29 pm

I think there are some problems CTD when playing against the AI, but seems to be fine as PBEM?
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:36 am

Noakesy wrote:I think there are some problems CTD when playing against the AI, but seems to be fine as PBEM?

Yep. That's the case right now.
JSS
Site Admin

Postby BossGnome » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:50 am

I would still very much like to know about the scale of the scenario. It is 49 turns long but I'm not sure if that amounts to 49 days? Is it 5 km per hex? Enlighten me please.
BossGnome
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Leo » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:19 pm

Hey BossG

I'll get back to you on this info.

I have already packed away my many many notes that I used on this one. but if memory servers, its about 4 - 5 km per hex and the time is from mid Jan43 to first week of march43.

I hope this helps.

leo
“What we do in life, echoes an eternity”

Max
Leo
Sergeant
Sergeant

AI

Postby Leo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 am

Noakesy,

I was having trouble with the AI a while ago. But I deceided to post Kharkov for all to play without a perfected AI.

The only issue I really had ( or atleast that I saw) was i was unable to set my interdiction correctly.
do or anyone for that matter know to set this correctly?
I'm sure it simple but i'm not sure how this is done.

also, on a AI related issue. does anyone know if the AI on War in Europe works? I have installed thw patch but it just idles..
I waited for about an hour and still nothing..any ideas?

Max
Leo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: AI

Postby JSS » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:11 pm

Leo wrote:Noakesy,

The only issue I really had ( or atleast that I saw) was i was unable to set my interdiction correctly.
do or anyone for that matter know to set this correctly?
I'm sure it simple but i'm not sure how this is done.

There are a couple things that can be done. One is to limit all players on how far interdiction can be placed. The other has to do with some subtle instructions on important terrain. I haven't looked at your AI files to comment more specifically.

BTW, have had limited problems so far with the Russian AI working (it hasn't been very aggressive though, probably just a little afraid of facing a modern von Manstien :twisted: )
JSS
Site Admin

Postby JVSFugitive » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:46 pm

Is the rail transport feature working correctly in this scenario? I am playing as the Axis and when I click on the rail transport button for a unit, the entire map goes black, not allowing me to move anywhere :?
JVSFugitive
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby JSS » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:50 pm

JVSFugitive wrote:Is the rail transport feature working correctly in this scenario? I am playing as the Axis and when I click on the rail transport button for a unit, the entire map goes black, not allowing me to move anywhere :?

No in v1.00.
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Gen Alexandra » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:26 pm

JVSFugitive wrote:Is the rail transport feature working correctly in this scenario? I am playing as the Axis and when I click on the rail transport button for a unit, the entire map goes black, not allowing me to move anywhere :?

I have had the same problem with a couple of AXIS units which where eligible for train movement - screen went black and was unable to move.
Gen Alexandra
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Strax » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:58 pm

I hate to be pedantic but.. I sent a couple of Katyushas to bombard a 2 step bunker...you only need to throw a 1 for each of them to hit and of course they hit. I got the explosion noise but nothing happened to the bunker. This was obviously because I fired them both at once as on the next turn I fired them individually and this time the bunker was destroyed.

Just thought I'd point it out so that others don't make the same mistake and to let my opponent know that I would be knocking on the door of Kharkov by turn 8 if it hadn't been for this. :wink:
Strax
Major
Major

Postby JVSFugitive » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:30 am

JSS wrote:

No in v1.00.

Too bad as I could have really used the rail movement to get some of my rear units to the front ASAP.
JVSFugitive
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby JSS » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:02 am

Strax wrote:I hate to be pedantic but.. I sent a couple of Katyushas to bombard a 2 step bunker...you only need to throw a 1 for each of them to hit and of course they hit. I got the explosion noise but nothing happened to the bunker. This was obviously because I fired them both at once as on the next turn I fired them individually and this time the bunker was destroyed.

Just thought I'd point it out so that others don't make the same mistake and to let my opponent know that I would be knocking on the door of Kharkov by turn 8 if it hadn't been for this. :wink:

There's one hex that has two German SPs (you destroy the first one and the second one shows up :shock: ). This is hex (70,50).
JSS
Site Admin

MODs

Postby Leo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:41 am

Guys,

there will be a Patch or mod coming soon for all the tweaks that are not " by design"

I have already modified the rail transport for all leg units and rail only for mechanised units.

Max
Leo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 8 ??

Postby critter » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:19 am

Hey strax...If your at Karkov on turn 8..Let me know when you got a game open.. I wanna see this!!!
I run outa gas clearing the mine fields :oops:
critter
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Italy Public Discussion