Kharkov

Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Kharkov

Postby Doggie3 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:16 pm

I just sent the first turn of a PBEM back to Noakesy.

Thanks to Leo, Brubaker and anyone else involved in this scenario. The map looks great, the objectives challenging for both sides and a very interesting strategic situation.

I'm not sure how the first turn is supposed to go but a few breaches of the German defences with cavalry and mechanised forces have the kept the Commissars happy.

Urrah!
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Doggie3
Major
Major
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:38 pm

Postby Noakesy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:42 pm

Schwein!

erm, first turn isn't in my in-box Doggie, off out for the weekend now, back tomorrow

Cheers
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:23 pm
Location: UK

Postby Noakesy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:29 pm

Just opened this game for the first time and sent my helpless turn back to Doggie. It looks absolutely fantastic. The map is great, the units are really nice (I think the elite german ski unit in particular is something a bit different). I haven't a clue about tactics for this, but very impressed with the look and feel of the scenario.

Excellent stuff Leo and Bru.

Cheers
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:23 pm
Location: UK

Cossacks Anyone

Postby critter » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:13 am

I think I saw some cossacks too. Really nice touch!
What prompted you to switch the camo on the KV1 tanks and friends? Way cool!! 8)
Maybe a way to seperate the differn't army and corps units in the earlier games.
Just cleared the mine fields in my first game with Gen. Alexzander, I don't know if I'm ahead on behind schedual. Scared everytime I move a stack they'll run up against a pack of panzers. Hope I don't have to report to moscow "Contact with spearhead Lost"
Thanks for the feeling..
critter
Major
Major
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:17 pm
Location: Marine IL.

Postby Doggie3 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:00 pm

I also like the look of the 50th and 51st Mechanised Corps units in the Soviet OOB. I first thought they were German, and even now as they hunt down the 27th Panzer (well...a bit of an exaggeration, but they can see them) I still have to take a close look that Noakesy hasn't snuck up on me.

BTW Noakesy, latest turn sent last night Moscow-time so check your spam box if you have not seen it.

Cheers,
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Doggie3
Major
Major
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:38 pm

Postby Bertram » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:15 pm

Thanks for the scenario. Anyone willng to play against me? (Been a long time since I played any DBWW)

On to the comments :) : I tried the scenario against the computer, me being soviet. During the first turn respons from the AI I got a CTD.
Bertram

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bertram
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:50 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Cossacks Anyone

Postby Gen Alexandra » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:33 pm

critter wrote:I think I saw some cossacks too. Really nice touch!
What prompted you to switch the camo on the KV1 tanks and friends? Way cool!! 8)
Maybe a way to seperate the differn't army and corps units in the earlier games.
Just cleared the mine fields in my first game with Gen. Alexzander, I don't know if I'm ahead on behind schedual. Scared everytime I move a stack they'll run up against a pack of panzers. Hope I don't have to report to moscow "Contact with spearhead Lost"
Thanks for the feeling..


Hey Critter

How are you doing ?, well how would I know, except that you have forced my Southern Flank of their defensive positions and smashed your way through the central defensives. Me myself as the Axis side, have made a deliberate plan of protecting the weakened Panzer Divisions, by withdrawing them to a more suitable fighting ground. So I would say we even at present.

As for the Counters, you will soon meet a very nice looking set of Stug's thats if you can see them in the snow!!!

Great Senario to everyone involved in its creation.
Image
User avatar
Gen Alexandra
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:33 am
Location: Silverstone - England

Postby Gen Alexandra » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:35 pm

BTW Critter, will return my turn on English Thursday Night, due to me being away on business at present...
Image
User avatar
Gen Alexandra
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:33 am
Location: Silverstone - England

Re: Cossacks Anyone

Postby Gen Alexandra » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:37 pm

critter wrote:I think I saw some cossacks too. Really nice touch!
What prompted you to switch the camo on the KV1 tanks and friends? Way cool!! 8)
Maybe a way to seperate the differn't army and corps units in the earlier games.
Just cleared the mine fields in my first game with Gen. Alexzander, I don't know if I'm ahead on behind schedual. Scared everytime I move a stack they'll run up against a pack of panzers. Hope I don't have to report to moscow "Contact with spearhead Lost"
Thanks for the feeling..


Hey Critter

How are you doing ?, well how would I know, except that you have forced my Southern Flank of their defensive positions and smashed your way through the central defensives. Me myself as the Axis side, have made a deliberate plan of protecting the weakened Panzer Divisions, by withdrawing them to a more suitable fighting ground. So I would say we even at present.

As for the Counters, you will soon meet a very nice looking set of Stug's thats if you can see them in the snow!!!

Great Senario to everyone involved in its creation.
Image
User avatar
Gen Alexandra
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:33 am
Location: Silverstone - England

Postby Doggie3 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:15 pm

Noakesy,

Latest turn sent last evening. Elements of 27th Panzer were lucky this time... but they won't get away!

Cheers,
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Doggie3
Major
Major
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:38 pm

Postby Noakesy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:55 pm

Doggie3 wrote:Noakesy,
Latest turn sent last evening. Elements of 27th Panzer were lucky this time... but they won't get away!
Cheers,


Oooh, nasty, have to run even faster (if that's possible). I'm sure I'm making errors here, bit like KP, sometimes it's not sensible to run too fast. :roll: :oops:
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:23 pm
Location: UK

Postby jhdeerslayer » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:42 am

Sorry to hijack your thread but do you know the scale for this one for days per turn and hex size? I had shelved BiI for awhile but this scenario made me bring it out again! Looks like a fun one.
jhdeerslayer
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 11:57 pm

Postby mcperis » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:13 pm

Scenario looks fantastic... very impressed... mucho kudos to those involved in getting it out...

Mssg to SSG... I know it has been said before but I think it is worth saying again... surely that hard bit was developing the engine... now is the time to crank the handle on the scenarios and maximise your investment in the engine(s)... I have no development skills but as a guess 1 developer full time for a month, £25 a pop...sell a couple of hundred copies and repeat (of course I am assuming you wld sell a couple of hundred copies!) The DB series is great and I think there is significant life in it yet...
User avatar
mcperis
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:44 am
Location: London

Postby JVSFugitive » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:52 pm

mcperis wrote:Mssg to SSG... I know it has been said before but I think it is worth saying again... surely that hard bit was developing the engine... now is the time to crank the handle on the scenarios and maximise your investment in the engine(s)... I have no development skills but as a guess 1 developer full time for a month, £25 a pop...sell a couple of hundred copies and repeat (of course I am assuming you wld sell a couple of hundred copies!) The DB series is great and I think there is significant life in it yet...


I couldn't agree with you more. I would gladly pay for some add on scenarios to the gaming engine. It is a great system that is currently under utilized.
User avatar
JVSFugitive
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:45 pm
Location: Halifax, Canada

Postby Noakesy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:05 pm

mcperis wrote:Scenario looks fantastic... very impressed... mucho kudos to those involved in getting it out...

Mssg to SSG... I know it has been said before but I think it is worth saying again... surely that hard bit was developing the engine... now is the time to crank the handle on the scenarios and maximise your investment in the engine(s)... I have no development skills but as a guess 1 developer full time for a month, £25 a pop...sell a couple of hundred copies and repeat (of course I am assuming you wld sell a couple of hundred copies!) The DB series is great and I think there is significant life in it yet...


Agree with JVS, would gladly pay for a set of new scenarios (or would still pay for KP to be transferred to BiI engine of course :D not that I've ever mentioned that before :wink: )
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:23 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to Battles in Italy Public Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron