Kilgore Trout's Operation Market Garden Released

Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Kilgore Trout's Operation Market Garden Released

Postby JSS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:13 am

Version 1.00 of Kilgore Trout's magnificent Operation Market Garden Battleset is available on the Custom Scenario page :D

Well done KT!!!
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Ola Berli » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:02 am

Sir,

excellent!
I love those custom scenarios many of them are superb!

But, the Custom Scenario page does not show up today in the menue.
Help where can I find it ? :?
War does not determine who is right - only who
is left.
Ola Berli
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Noakesy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:09 am

Should still be there, but Run5 has changed the size of the image (or moved things around or done smething odd), combined with the fact that the menu on the left hand side doesn't scroll down. I think Rob said I had to change the screen resolution to make sure I got all the info (but I haven't got round to it yet - I just go to 'view' and go for "full screen" and then you can see the stuff further down the left hand side.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:09 am

Here's the link:

http://www.ssg.com.au/Run5/scenarios.htm

Hmmm, In Netscape I have this link, the ladder, the AARs, and enough of the tournament link to access it.

In IE the scenarios are the end of the menu for me.

Will have to get this fixed.

JSS
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Ola Berli » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:56 am

Gents,

as always thanks :D

Yes, I use IE and do not see the link and those custom sce. are
precious for me.
War does not determine who is right - only who
is left.
Ola Berli
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JSS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:37 am

Noakesy wrote:Should still be there, but Run5 has changed the size of the image (or moved things around or done smething odd), combined with the fact that the menu on the left hand side doesn't scroll down. I think Rob said I had to change the screen resolution to make sure I got all the info (but I haven't got round to it yet - I just go to 'view' and go for "full screen" and then you can see the stuff further down the left hand side.

Ah, Yes... F11 does cure most ills :twisted:
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Robjess » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:45 pm

Kilgore can you check the Allied Supply Drops for the UK units that drop to the north of Arnhem.. for some reason in my game all those supply sources are RED and NOT working.. Unless someone can confirm that the supply sources in that zone have worked properly for them then I think there is a problem with this scenario.. btw, Im only one Turn 3 as the Allies and these supply sources have not worked so far in this game..

Also why do some of these Para units only have 1 bullet?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Kilgore Trout » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:33 pm

Robjess wrote:Kilgore can you check the Allied Supply Drops for the UK units that drop to the north of Arnhem.. for some reason in my game all those supply sources are RED and NOT working.. Unless someone can confirm that the supply sources in that zone have worked properly for them then I think there is a problem with this scenario.. btw, Im only one Turn 3 as the Allies and these supply sources have not worked so far in this game..

Also why do some of these Para units only have 1 bullet?

Rob,

You are correct. There is something wrong. There should be two working supply sources in the UK drop zone. One at hex 177,15 and one at hex 180,14. In my game the one at 180,14 is not working for some reason.
Also, something must have gotten whacked with the units. I checked an earlier build and all the UK paratroop units had either 2 or three bullets. I'll try to get a fix up for both problems when I get home from work this evening. I'll also send a new build to JSS to post on the scenario page.

Regards,
K.T.
Image Image
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. "

--Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Kilgore Trout
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:10 am

Thanks for confirming the problem - I look forward to the patch/fix..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Kilgore Trout » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:47 am

Here are the patches to fix the Full Campaign and the Arnhem scenario.

Assuming you have everything in the default locations, unzip Bridge2Far.zip here:

C:\Matrix Games\Battles In Italy\Scenarios\OM-G\Bridge2Far

and

Unzip Arnhem here:

C:\Matrix Games\Battles In Italy\Scenarios\OM-G\Arnhem

This will correct several units that had the wrong number of bullets. In most cases the number was raised from 1 to either 2 or 3 but I also dropped a few from 3 to 2 that were less noticable mistakes. I was not able to replicate the supply problem. My best guess is that the scatter radius was set too high and the drop landed someplace where it couldn't be reached. I reduced the radius to 3 and hope that will solve the problem.

I'll also send an updated version of the file to JSS to replace the one on the scenario page.
Attachments
Arnhem.zip
(49.1 KiB) Downloaded 1023 times
Bridge2Far.zip
(56.47 KiB) Downloaded 1030 times
Image Image
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. "

Kilgore Trout
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Strax » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:23 pm

Ah yes, Now you've mentioned it I too have the same problem. I haven't noticed as all the Red Devils are happily in the green supply wise.

I'm currently on turn 7 as the allies in a blistering game and am loathed to have to start again though.
Strax
Major
Major

Postby Strax » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:33 pm

Just to confirm.
If my opponent and I were to re-patch, we would have to start our game again, is this correct?
Strax
Major
Major

Postby Kilgore Trout » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:53 pm

Strax wrote:Just to confirm.
If my opponent and I were to re-patch, we would have to start our game again, is this correct?

Strax,

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question. Does anyone know if editing the number of bullets a unit has will mess up a saved game? When I made the change and saved, it overwrote all 15 .SCN files. If only the newunits.scn file is replaced will that correct the problem with the bullets and still allow a saved game to continue? Someone here may be able to answer this question. If replacing only the necessary file solves the problem and allows you to play on it is probably worth waiting for a definitive answer. If I hadn't already written over the old file I would try starting a game and then patch it to see what happens to the save. In any case, you may want to extract the patch to someplace safe and jut replace the newunits.scn file. It may give you a better chance to keep playing.

K.T.
Image Image

Kilgore Trout
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:43 am

You should restart.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Strax » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:56 pm

Thank you
Strax