Battle for Moscow - Operation Typhoon

Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Hey Bru

Postby critter » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:13 pm

If you pull a Russian Inf div out of the line and park it some where. What is the actual percentage they'll auto refit?
Love OP Typhoon.
U the man
critter
Major
Major

Postby Brubaker » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi Critter

I don't actually have the scenario in front of me right now so I can't say, but if you were to go into the editor you would see it. I will check later tonight if you like.

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:02 pm

I played this scenario once ages ago, and it was good fun, now going back to try the JSS 'add-on' (if it's not too rude to call it that). It's excellent - trying one game as Ivan and one as Fritz, both enjoyable - well done Bru/JSS.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby HansBolter » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:21 am

Brubaker wrote:Hi Hans

Unfortunately there is no fix for this problem :(

As it turns out the Italy program has a problem where the AI crashes whenever it tries to resolve a combat on a map edge. More specifically, the AI is plotting a unit illegally when looking to attack an enemy unit on a map edge. This never occurred in the Italy game itself (apparently) so a patch was never issued. SSG are aware of it but I with the DB program now 2 version old I doubt we will ever see a patch for it. Sorry about that.

All I can suggest you do (if you have an unsecure game that is) is to reload you game from turn 5 and make sure you do not have a unit on either the top or bottom map edge when you finish your turn. Other than that you will have to start over and be ware of what is happenning next time you play.

Regards

Brubaker

Thanks for the response. At least now that I know what causes it maybe I can avoid it by keeping my units off the map edge. In the mean time I downloaded the On to Moscow variant in hopes that whatever was causing the crash would be fixed in that one. I am now on turn 5 and having a blast. I'll be sure to avoid placing units on the map edge. Thanks a lot for this scenario..it's a lot of fun to play.
HansBolter
New Recruit

Postby Brubaker » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:52 pm

You're welcome Hans.

Be sure to watch out for "Fall Gelb" in the months to come. It is similar in size and scale but the germans are nearly guaranteed to win that one ;)

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Hey Bru

Postby Noakesy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:07 pm

critter wrote:If you pull a Russian Inf div out of the line and park it some where. What is the actual percentage they'll auto refit?
Love OP Typhoon.
U the man

Any chance anyone could answer this, or tell me where I can find it in the editor (sorry to come across as my usual IT dunce bit on this :oops: ).

After hardly playing this at all I'm now playing three games of it (the extended JSS version this time), and I love it (either as russki or axis, although playing russki is really frustrating as you just get a few units together and then mr fritz goes and stamps all over them :D )
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Can Do the Math

Postby critter » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:25 am

Got the refit value (X's) the supply level... Where do we find the unit supply level??

Don't even cry for Noakesy's poor Russian vs Fritz tale. He's taking great glee, smashing thru to Moscow as he " Liberates" my Motherland.

Hey Bru.. What source did you use for the Russian reinforcements? I remember playing the Fire in the East and Op Typhoon board games and it seemed every turn you'd poor Russian units on the map with a shovel.

Ok Noak, Viasma's gone. Only 2 good supply roads to Moscow. Come and get it Fritz.
critter
Major
Major

Re: Can Do the Math

Postby Noakesy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:56 pm

critter wrote: Ok Noak, Viasma's gone. Only 2 good supply roads to Moscow. Come and get it Fritz.

We will russki don't worry :D

I'd be interested about the OOB too, as I'm playing this as Russki against mcperis, and we're a good 20 or so turns in and there don't seem to be hordes of reinforcements pouring in from the east, and even though we're playing the long version no sign of those blinking siberians turning up :cry:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

HEY BRU!!

Postby critter » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:21 pm

Were are you Bru? Plz read last 2 posts.
We weedhoppers are in need of your wisdom.
critter
Major
Major

Re: HEY BRU!!

Postby Noakesy » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:28 am

critter wrote:Were are you Bru? Plz read last 2 posts.
We weedhoppers are in need of your wisdom.

I have a feeling he's on hols for a while, and to be honest playing Fritz means I'm not too worried about the replacement side of things at the moment :wink: :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:28 pm

Was a final 1.03 version ever released, I'm afraid I can't find it? Trying to play strax and he's sent me a version, and I'm only up to 1.02 and it won't load (says "can't find files" or similar). Any help much appreciated. :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:56 am

All sorted, thanks for your help Carl. :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

winter map for Moskow

Postby nikdav » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:22 am

Moskow scenario is very impressive, wonderfull map and great challenge. I ended my first game against soviet AI loosing badly (too mud).
Thanks Brubaker!!!
I read some time ago in the forum that there is a winter version of Moskow map, it is true ? and where i find it ? ( maybe a jpeg version? )
nikdav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: winter map for Moskow

Postby critter » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:46 pm

nikdav wrote:Moskow scenario is very impressive, wonderfull map and great challenge. I ended my first game against soviet AI loosing badly (too mud).
Thanks Brubaker!!!
I read some time ago in the forum that there is a winter version of Moskow map, it is true ? and where i find it ? ( maybe a jpeg version? )

I don't know of a winter Moscow map. Its tough dealing with the mud. Got to keep your HQ's moving.
critter
Major
Major

Postby nikdav » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Thanks, critter, i use version 102 but i read some refer to a 104 and 105 version. What is last version of Moskow scenario ?
nikdav
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Italy Public Discussion