Battle for Moscow - Operation Typhoon

Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Brubaker » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:40 am

Yes JSS added them in and it certainly makes a difference!
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Howard7x » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:31 am

Just finished my first PBEM on this map against a friend of mine.

Much kudos must go to you Brubaker and all the others that helped make this scenario.

Totally enjoyed it and we are looking forward to playing back through again with v1.2 as we were half way through our match when it came out!

In the end i was defeated by the damn weather and poor supplies, making it just short of moscow to the south. Fairly realistic id say.

Next match has just started and im now the ruskies :-)

Thanks again for a great map!
Never, ever.... ever again!

Image ImageImageImageImage
Howard7x
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Brubaker » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:32 pm

Thanks Howard. Hold off for just a couple of days as I am working on a version 1.3 which will have numerous small improvements (I hope.)

Thanks again.

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:43 pm

I'm playing Strax at this - great fun, but I could do with some Pontoons, he's just going around blowing all the bridges and sitting on the other bank blowing raspberries at me. Will you build pontoons into your next release Bru?
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Brubaker » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:08 am

For sure. I had them designed in from the start but forgot to designate them, so that is the first change :wink: Apart from that I have rejigged supply values to give the Germans a bit of an easier time (for a while), as well as a heap of other little things. I have even added some random partisans for some spice.

I am just working on the Ai at present so should be a couple of days away.

Cheers

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:16 am

Brubaker wrote:For sure. I had them designed in from the start but forgot to designate them, so that is the first change :wink: Apart from that I have rejigged supply values to give the Germans a bit of an easier time (for a while), as well as a heap of other little things. I have even added some random partisans for some spice. Brubaker

Excellent - alleviating the supply situation would be most welcome also looking at the pickle I've got myself into :roll:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Strax » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:38 pm

More fuel and pontoons for the Germans?
Noakesy doesn't need help. The Glorious Red Army is stretched to it's limit anyway thanks to a realistic Vyasma pocket where I lost about 6 divisions as well as heaps of artillary. I think we should have more severe weather :twisted:
Strax
Major
Major

Postby Brubaker » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:03 pm

Okay I have the scenario changes finished and I have to say that it is a good improvement over the last code - lest "dull" bits and more fun bits! The AI performs A LOT better but goddamn it is is still suffering that crash problem from time to time so I am just getting some advice on that before releasing it.

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Change of Heart

Postby Brubaker » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:10 am

After much internal debate (in my head) I have decided nto to proceed with any changes to the scenario. Unfortunately I found an undocumented error in the editor which cause some data loss, and to be frank I am too lazy to reinput.

Lesson: BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP! :roll:

SO with Battlefront on the horizon and other projects waiting on the sidelines, I have decided to leave Moscow as it is, warts and all. Thanks JSS for creating a more user friendly version in On to Moscow.

Vorwarts!

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Bertram » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:19 pm

Playing this scenario. Enjoying it immensly.

In a mirror agianst Twinkle th Grmans will capture Moscow for sure in his case, and probable in my case (currently in turn 20-21.... the good weathr in that turn rally hurt the Soviets).

Noticed one mistake: the victory points for Tula are turn 1-21 50 vp, and turn 31-48 25 vp... no points for turn 22-30 (and no russian alert points either).
Bertram

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bertram
Captain
Captain

Postby Brubaker » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:14 pm

Thanks for the comments Bertram.

I have noted the Tula VL error in my notes but as you may have noticed in some past threads the chances of this being corrected now are pretty slim. I may do but time as always is against me.

Glad you're having fun though.

Cheers

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Bertram » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:38 pm

Deleted due to inattention
Bertram

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bertram
Captain
Captain

Postby HansBolter » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:45 am

I'm new to these forums and came here looking for answers to the problem I keep having with this scenario.

I am playing the 1.02 version recently downloaded and the game gives me a CTD on turn 6 every time I play it as the Germans against the AI.

It's really frustrating as by turn 6 I have invested considerable time and am getting considerably caught up in it.

I LOVE the scenario and really hope there is a fix so I can stop getting frustrated by never getting past turn 6.

Thanks in advance for any answers you may be able to provide.
HansBolter
New Recruit

Postby Brubaker » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi Hans

Unfortunately there is no fix for this problem :(

As it turns out the Italy program has a problem where the AI crashes whenever it tries to resolve a combat on a map edge. More specifically, the AI is plotting a unit illegally when looking to attack an enemy unit on a map edge. This never occurred in the Italy game itself (apparently) so a patch was never issued. SSG are aware of it but I with the DB program now 2 version old I doubt we will ever see a patch for it. Sorry about that.

All I can suggest you do (if you have an unsecure game that is) is to reload you game from turn 5 and make sure you do not have a unit on either the top or bottom map edge when you finish your turn. Other than that you will have to start over and be ware of what is happenning next time you play.

Regards

Brubaker
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Why?

Postby critter » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:14 pm

Seems they'd get around to patching it sooner or later
critter
Major
Major

PreviousNext