War In Europe v0.30

Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Robjess » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:25 pm

Glad to see that this scenario is still getting some milage.. out of all of the ones I created (with help from Lord Chaos who did the OOB), this one was probably my favourite.. it holds a special place because its soooo damn huge.. it took a heap of our time when I/we created this. And I probably got the most fun out of playing this one too.. I am still in awe of the map - even if its not as good as some of Brubakers later releases.

Unfortunately, I have no intentions of updating this scenario.. at the moment i dont have any free time.. (heck I hardly have time to read these forums).. so its just not feasable for me to continue any additional work or support for this scenario.. having said that.. as far as I can recall it plays extremely well.. I think its fairly balance, I have played games where the Germans have been on top, and I have played games where the Russians have been on top.. and as far as I am concerned thats a good indicator for balance.

Who knows what the future holds - when the kids are both in school in 5 or 6 years time I may convert it to whatever engine is doing the rounds then (Kharkov IV) although I would be hopeful that SSG would have released their own version prior to that! Infact if there is one game I have been in Roger's ear about over the years its been this one.. "Roger! You need to do a new version of Russian War in the East!" The reason I did this scenario was because i got sick of waiting :)

Enjoy guys!

PS: I have no problems if someone wants to make changes or updates to this scenario - so long as they do so by making a variant version and dont mess with the version that I released.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby amartinsauto » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:00 am

Thank you Rob! This is an incredible scenario and very well balanced to be as huge as it is. I can read from your words that you are away from the "frontline" bacause of your two kids. OK we forgive you :wink: but.... come back as soon as you can..we need all you guys. This engine is still alive because all of you designing scenarios. I will move shortly to the Kharkov engine but it has been released for almost 1 year and there is only two scenarios snif....
amartinsauto
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Robjess » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:58 pm

The Kharkov engine is a fantastic engine.. dont be put off simply because of a lack of scenarios its a worthwhile investment in itself alone.. and plus SSG need the support from the purchase. These guys are a small outfit and they dont make a heap of money and they seriously need every dollar they get seom sales.. after all we want them to stay in business dont we?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Noakesy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Robjess wrote:The Kharkov engine is a fantastic engine.. dont be put off simply because of a lack of scenarios its a worthwhile investment in itself alone.. and plus SSG need the support from the purchase. These guys are a small outfit and they dont make a heap of money and they seriously need every dollar they get seom sales.. after all we want them to stay in business dont we?

Indeed mr robjess, the game is excellent and we want more scenarios from them so in all parties best interests to keep buying these :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Chris Merchant » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:10 am

the sooner you get into the Kharkov system the better - it will prepare you for Across the Dnepr II - which takes Kharkov game play to a new level.

cheers Chris
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby CESteman » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Yes I am waiting for that scenario as well... As for this one, I noted one or two map errors while playing which are minor. I think one was rail movement into a certain hex. I wouldn't even know where to start.
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Yeah I actually think I corrected some of those map errors in the version I have on my PC.. in the yet to be version 0.4.. but dont expect it to be released any time soon .. sorry..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby CESteman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:49 am

Is that v.41 from about three pages back that was still in beta? I have that one...
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:16 am

Arhh I dont know what version its called :) It only gets a version number when its released..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Joe » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:59 am

Its a terrific scenario Rob!

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby CESteman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:10 pm

I have the beta you posted in this forum, but isn't an official update.
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Well thats probably the most recent version then.. although like I said there may be some slight changes (updates) in the version I have on my PC.. but its been so long ago since I looked at it I cant be sure..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby CESteman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:29 pm

I nee to run the scneario to the end to find out what's going on. I need a neutral player for that.
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:34 pm

Run it to the end? Even I havent played it to the end.. :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby CESteman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:47 am

Uh no I didn't mean that<g> I meat when the Americans show up etc. I remember having a problem with a game crash and on top of that I've never taken Italy in this scneario :)
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Italy Public Discussion