War In Europe v0.30

Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby panzmatt » Sat May 06, 2006 12:43 am

Rob the reason I askl about supply, I really am turning my attention here after you have buggererd the Germans in Russia approprietly in the first winter is that aRomanian Artilery received no supply in a hex that was green and seemd that the German units it was stacked inf did recieve op points.. hard to know.. do art work differently re supply?
do allied nations? arg my troops are pooping out before Moscow
panzmatt
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

supply

Postby lord_chaos45 » Sun May 07, 2006 4:33 am

When we first made this scenario we never could get the supply to work very well. Dont really understand why not myself, but tis the reason for the huge supply burst we initially put in the scenario. If Rob can figure it out kudos to him. Glad to see this scenario is still generating interest.
lord_chaos45
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Robjess » Sun May 07, 2006 10:08 am

Whilst I understand how supply works.. given the size of the scenario its just difficult to get it balanced correctly.. which is what I am trying to do now..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Sun May 07, 2006 9:39 pm

More changes,

- Added Strongpoints to Allied ports in israel
- Made air weather in first summer good/clear, and bad in first winter and then random there after
- Ensured that all AA and AT units can dig in
- Corrected a river problem (hex 163,54)
- Added a supply source in the port of Kemi
- Played around with supply system (still wasnt right)

I am undertaking more testing with Pazmatt and then we should be looking at a release. The big issue is the supply system.. its a nightmare to get right.. if I can get it right this time then I will go back to summer means supply is good for everyone and winter means supply is not as good for everyone..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Joe » Sun May 07, 2006 10:06 pm

I noticed in North Africa, I cut off the British but they still had supply. I was playing both sides.
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sun May 07, 2006 10:30 pm

There are several ports in Nth Africa.. supply can some from a port. The main supply is via Alexandria and Cairo.. but for example Torbruk in itself is a supply source as are some smaller ports.

But with the original version - one of the issues is that the supply burst is so strong that can it burst through the front line if the front is only a hex or two wide.. This is something I am trying to address..

Joe.. email me if you want the most recent updates..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby panzmatt » Mon May 08, 2006 7:57 am

Rob, I was thinking you could make supply allong rails/highway move at no restriction and then very high restriction off road/rail.. and in winter even more so.. that would really simulate the troubles in Russia with the dry season and the mud season
panzmatt
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Joe » Mon May 08, 2006 10:07 am

joeme at bigpond dot com dot au
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Mon May 08, 2006 8:46 pm

Thats what I am looking to do I think PazMatt :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby panzmatt » Wed May 10, 2006 2:20 am

I was looking at the paige in the game that showed crt and that tyoe of info, and it listed summer and winter op for different tereain... is that supply op as well? seems supply at a one is a big amount for a rail.. maybe add some rail heads along the rr with small supply dumps and burst? just a thought... seems that troops on a rail would be getting supplies all seasons imo
panzmatt
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby CESteman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:54 pm

I think it's been awhile since anyone posted any information about this scenario. Rob? If any help is needed please let me know. I just started a PBEM with TALOS who I know will kick my butt but I want to learn from his moves. If there is anything you want us to look at while the game is in progress please let me know. Thanks!
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby amartinsauto » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:06 am

Tntom and me have also started another PBEM game after another few ones. We are enjoying very much the scenario. I think the forum is a little dead specially from those veterans that used to play a lot ;-)
amartinsauto
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby CESteman » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:36 am

Your probably right, their all playing Karkov right now. Rob is the main man for working on this scenrio and I probably need to PM him but I'm sure his hands are tied with other projects. I know he was working with Lord Chaos but I haven't seen him on here in years. I'll send him a message and see what's up.
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby amartinsauto » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:46 pm

It wil be nice not to forget this magnificent engine DBWWII series. I enjoyed a lot all the games and scenarios. I havent bought Kharkov jet but I will. The only thing that scares me is that I dont see the veterans around (with all those proyects and staff...where is Brubaker?¿?¿) so maybe the chance to play are lower snif....
amartinsauto
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Noakesy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Well, as you suggest, people move on and just start doing other stuff. Robjess, Bru, Peteau and JSS were the main scenario builders to my mind (forgive me if I've insulted someone by leaving them out). Of these only JSS is still building and his time seems very restrained at the moment.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Italy Public Discussion