Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Brubaker » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:21 pm

Cheers Rob
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:15 am

I have read a couple of questions about this but could not seem to find the answer. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Could someone explain how the supply situation works in Barbarossa? I have been playing both sides and I notice that when the German side captures supply cities (Minsk, Smolensk, Odessa, Riga etc) that only that city has green for supply. The supply trucks still seem to either want to trace back to the original German cities (Warsaw and what not) or AG North and end up being out of supply. What am I doing wrong? Is this intentional?

The Russian side does not seem to have this problem.
Dangermouse
New Recruit

Postby Robjess » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:26 am

I will need to look at this. The intention is that the Trucks should be able to grab supplies from the new supply sources.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Joe » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:22 pm

Robjess wrote:Saturday, 1st April. WiE Patch 0.21 has been posted to the scenario download page.

I cannot locate the patch :(

Every day this week I have gone to the scenarios page and every day hit F5 to update IE.

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:54 pm

Its there for me..

Here is the direct link:

http://www.ssg.com.au/Run5/scenarios/!EuropePatch.EXE
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Sun May 28, 2006 5:37 pm

New patch of War In Europe has been released. Is now available from the Scenario download page or directly via this link: http://www.ssg.com.au/Run5/scenarios/!EuropePatch.EXE

Here is a list of the changes:

Whats new in version 0.40
- Supply system updated and corrected. Supply units now correctly use a captured supply source.
- ART Bombardment odds reduced.
- Strongpoints added for Russian player.
- Fixed an issue with 26th INF (Russian) incorrectly taking ARM replacements.
- Extensive testing conducted on this version (special thanks Matt and Raymond).
- New scenario added (Nth Africa).

Whats new in Version 0.30

- Name of 1941 scenario changed to War in Europe '41 Campaign. This change was made as some people were confusing the scenario name at the top of the screen in game as being the date!
- Allied Unit in Gibralter fixed so that it can no longer enter Spain.
- Sweden now made a neutral country and units can no longer enter the countries hexes. Also removed Axis supply sources, reinforcements and sea lanes to and from sweden.
- Russian Naval capability (sea transports) reduced significantly, they now have very limited and varied sea capability.
- Axis Operation Sealion sea lanes enabled.
- Allied strongpoints added to the coast of England to guard against potential Axis invasion (sea lion). The way this will work is that the Axis air forces (ART units) will need to bombard and destroy these strongpoints on the UK coast to open up landing zones. This bombardment is to reflect a poor mans Battle of Britian. It was the best I could do!
- Commonwealth Allied Alert points added to coastal zones and approaches to London, so that if Sealion is conducted by the Axis, then commonwealth reserves will be released depending on the Axis success.
- Commonwealth Alert Reseved (as noted above) will be released if UK is invaded. These alert units start off very week to reflect that any emergency units shipped from Australia, NZ, India, Canada would not be fully capable.
- US Alert units added if London is captured. Ie: If the Germans capture London then this is a reason for the USA to enter the war in europe earlier then expected. These units also start off weak.
- CRT for Woods fixed in relation to overruns.
- Fixed problem with some Russian units not being able to take replacements.
- Add strong point assets for all sides to be placed on specific turns. Especially during the first Winter for the Russians.
- Reduced the movement capability for AA and AT units
- Added port capability to Bristol and Swansea
- Increase Axis fuel capacity (starting OPs in reserve) for axis units taking part in the start of Operation Barbarossa. This means that can assault deeper into Russia before they run out of juice.
- Corrected some individual unit issues (ie: some units couldnt repair bridges when they should have been able to, some units couldnt take replacements etc
- Correct some terrain issues (ie: terrain type didnt match the map).
- Reduced Russian Supply capability during initial blitz
- Reduced Axis Supply capability during first winter
- Reduced all supply states during winter period
- Removed the German Garrison units that were alerted when Western/Southern Europe was invaded. They dont need them! Or they shouldnt.
- Increased defense values and anti shock values for AA and AT units.
- Enabled entrenchment capability for AA and AT units
- Made German 88 units (AA) more effective in defense
- Allies obtain ART shift bonus during first winter to reflect the impact the winter had on the Germans in Russia.
- Increased Supply Truck movement OPs and increased their supply bags by 1 taking them to 2.
- Adjusted Russian Tactical shifts to be more in line with other Major Countries (Germans, UK, USA).
- Corrected an issue with some Axis reinforcement hexes not being hidden.
- Created another scenario titled Armee Group North which is the advance on Leningrad.

Supply System updates:

- Supply burst from Supply sources uses supply mode.
- Supply burst from supply trucks uses leg mode.
- Supply trace from trucks to supply source uses supply mode.
- Supply trucks are able to supply other supply trucks - so you can daisy chain supply trucks.
- There are 5 main types of supply sources (in most instances a supply source can be used by the enemy if captured):
- Capital Cities and Centres which provide a burst of 50 (Moscow, London, Berlin, Rome etc)
- Minor Capitals or Major Supply centures with a burst of 30 (Paris, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Budapest, Poleski)
- Normal supply centres with a burst of 25 (Odessa, Minsk etc)
- Ports which provide a burst of 15 (the majority of urban hexes on the coast - note that some of these are considered Supply Centres, or Capitals so may have a burst of greater then 15 (for example Alexandria)
- Invasion supply points. These are special supply points that can not be used by the enemy, also invasion supply points can not (generally) allow replacements to be assigned to units. The purpose of an Invasion supply point is to enable an invasion - they will not generally allow for deep penetrations and are only really of use to help establish the capture of an enemy supply source or port.

Generally, supply should be good for both sides during the summer - although its not gauranteed. In the winter - expect some big problems for your units on the front - unless they are very close to a supply source. Over extend and you will hurt!
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby panzmatt » Sun May 28, 2006 6:09 pm

rob, seems like ray and I have 4 or are there changes we have notseen?
panzmatt
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sun May 28, 2006 9:07 pm

No you have version 3.1, not 4.0. See the notes above under Version 4.00 for the changes to your version.. they are only minor and not significant.. but it will invalidate any PBEM games more then likely.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby lago » Mon May 29, 2006 1:18 am

Thanks a lot Rob, for the great job you did.

Raymond.
lago
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Robjess » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:58 am

I have attached a new Beta version of War in Europe. This is version 4.1. I am releasing this just before I head off on 10 days of R&R - so its released as is and wont be supported until I get back. When I do get back though I will release a proper 4.1 Patch for WIE which will be based upon this version.

So why am I releasing it now in this format rather releasing the proper patch? Mostly because I dont have time to test this version (although by all accounts it should be fine) and by getting this out now, it means that when I come back in 10 days I may have some feedback in relation to this version that I can take into account for the proper patch.

So whats new and changed in version 4.1:

- Hex 155,52 road discrepancy now fixed.

- Some German Supply Trucks had been using their bust mode as Leg when it should have been supply burst mode. This is now fixed and will make supply a little bit easier for the Germans.

- German overall supply state has been reduced for the later part of the War, this means that whilst they will still be able to supply their units at the end of the war, the amount of OPS that are delivered will be reduced.

- Higher chance of casualties for German units using the Operation Sealion sea lanes. So if the Axis do seek to invade the UK, there will be an increased chance of losses from any amphibious landings. This is to reflect that this operation would have been dangerous and should not be taken too lightly.

- Paris is now a supply source.

- Correct an issue with the Axis Model CAV unit incorrectly taking INF replacements when they should have been taking ARM ones.

- Adding some additional "R" results to the Winter CRTs - in particular for Cultivated, Woods and Hills.

- Reduced German Ship Transports early in the game to limit the amount of GERMAN units which could be shipped to Nth Africa. This increases over time though.

- Added an Axis supply source an Azov in Sth Russia

- Removed the Axis Sealanes that led into deep southern Russia.

- Added the ability of Sevestapol to be used by the Axis as a supply source when it is captured.

These changes are based upon bug reports and feedback from you guys (so please keep them coming).

For those of you who do wanted to install this update and give them a run - then simply download the attached Zip file and unzip it. It should create a folder called 'June1941v41' (which is the 4.1 version of the June1941 campaign). This folder should then be placed in the ...battles in Italy\Scenarios\Europe folder.

If you follow these steps then this update will NOT change any of your existing Europe scenario files - nor should it invalidate any of your existing PBEM games.
Attachments
June41v41.zip
War in Europe 4.1 Beta Release.
(120.42 KiB) Downloaded 935 times
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Talos » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 pm

Hi Rob

Something else for version 4.1. I have just finished a game where we got to turn 52 and I noticed that the 2nd SS Das Reich division was taking infantry replacements rather than armour, after it suffered its first combat loss as a Panzer Division.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby CESteman » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:39 pm

Hey Rob if I didn't already say it thanks for the hard work!!! One very minor note that I've seen in the new release is the German border guard unit next to Spain at the far left of the screen is out of supply after turn two. Probably doesn't matter but I thought I'd point it out because if the axis wants to operate in this area late in the war it might be a problem. I will start playing this scenario and see what happens :) Thanks again for the hard work!
Christian
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:49 am

I think the border gaurds are static and are only there for cosmetic purposes.. but I will check it out when I get back next week.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby lago » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:15 pm

Hello,

Where could I find the 4.1 ???

Thanks.
lago
Corporal
Corporal

Postby JSS » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:46 pm

lago wrote:Hello,

Where could I find the 4.1 ???

Thanks.

Given that you have the base battle installed (must have v0.2 downloaded from website)...

you can get v0.41 in this thread... look up about 5 posts.
JSS
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Italy Public Discussion