Patton Master of Battle for Battles in Italy

Discussion relating to Battles in Italy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby JSS » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:13 pm

Attached are the v1.10 BII Patton Master of Battle scenario files (you must have the scenariopicts.xcr file from the v1.00 scenario).
Attachments
BII_Patton_MOB_v110.zip
(84.82 KiB) Downloaded 837 times
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby Bertram » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:16 pm

Playing theis scenario now for the second time, as mirror.

My feeling is that the Allies have it to easy on this one. In all our games the Russinas run out of steam on turn 4, as the massive interdiction stops all supplies to their lines. However you do it, the "sabotage/partizan"units the Allies get can interdict eveything in Pilsen. That means a central offensive is stopped sortly after Pilsen.

The remaining air (and occasionally partizans) is enough to interdidict all other supply, especially as it is only 2 other roads that matter.

Playing this one I wonder how a bumbling Red Army like this ever could manage to get to Berlin...
Bertram

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bertram
Captain
Captain

Postby Robjess » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:52 pm

JSS do you want me to patch the scenario download?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby JSS » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:59 pm

Robjess wrote:JSS do you want me to patch the scenario download?

Yes, please do it when you have some time.

Thanks, JSS
JSS
Site Admin

Postby JSS » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:11 pm

Bertram wrote:Playing theis scenario now for the second time, as mirror.

My feeling is that the Allies have it to easy on this one. In all our games the Russinas run out of steam on turn 4, as the massive interdiction stops all supplies to their lines. However you do it, the "sabotage/partizan"units the Allies get can interdict eveything in Pilsen. That means a central offensive is stopped sortly after Pilsen.

The remaining air (and occasionally partizans) is enough to interdidict all other supply, especially as it is only 2 other roads that matter.

Playing this one I wonder how a bumbling Red Army like this ever could manage to get to Berlin...

Bertram,

Which version are you playing? I'd be glad to show you how the Russians have a better than average chance (v1.10) if you're interested.

v1.00 was set up on the premise of a very significant Russian breakthru... if the Russians don't breakthru then its all over by turn 9 or 10... if they do breakthru then its a real challenge for the Allies to eke out more than a marginal (even with all the interdiction).

v1.10 takes away the overwhelming air interdiction and limits the German nighttime partisan activity a bit. This version also reduces the initial Russian bombing runs and their effectiveness.

The key for the Russians is to have a well defined plan. Initial airborne drops and movement of mechanized forces have to work in concert.

Also, the alternate scenario (Uncle Joe's Advice) simplifies some of the Russian challenges. It is recommended if the Russian player is less experienced than the American player.
Current PBEM Games

JSS
Site Admin

Postby Robjess » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:34 am

Latest version has been posted to the Scenario Download page.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

V1.11 Pattle Master of Battle for Italy

Postby JSS » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:44 am

Robjess wrote:Latest version has been posted to the Scenario Download page.

This release includes two new scenarios (one with fully functioning AI) and a new, completely implemented full play AI for the two campaign scenarios.
Current PBEM Games

JSS
Site Admin

Postby carl11 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:59 am

has anyone had kick issues? I installed it as told and sometime during the second turn ( of the uncle joe scenario) the soviets on AI kicks the game and ends it.

I installed this into my BII folder on top of the earlier patton version 1.00.
carl11
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby JSS » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:05 pm

carl11 wrote:has anyone had kick issues? I installed it as told and sometime during the second turn ( of the uncle joe scenario) the soviets on AI kicks the game and ends it.

I installed this into my BII folder on top of the earlier patton version 1.00.

The AI sometimes decides not to play thru. Could not identify the issue. Much like the War in Europe scenario, seems to show up for some people and not others.

If you'd like a PBEM game, let me know.

JSS
Current PBEM Games

JSS
Site Admin

Postby carl11 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Ah I see. ok JSS thank you for the info. ! much obliged.
carl11
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby JSS » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Carl,

Am working on a 2011 version of the main scenario. Will make American interdiction and German units much less formidable. Russian units are bit stronger and replacement steps will come more from alert VP hexes than scheduled allotments.

Am at turn 8 against the Russian AI so far. Reasonable performance with a couple of close calls (from the American defender perspective). Will post update if the AI holds steady.

JSS
Current PBEM Games

JSS
Site Admin

Postby carl11 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:40 am

Thx for the update JSS!

I liked Patton master 1, I tinkered with the supply and combat roll options playing against both AI's and had a great set of games. I'd really like to give these scenarios a go too;)
carl11
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Previous

Return to Battles in Italy Public Discussion