Reach for the Stars, 1983.

Discussion relating to Reach For The Stars.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Reach for the Stars, 1983.

Postby linuxitaly » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:04 am

Good morning.
I am a Linux operating famous in Italy, here are some of my exploits in the newspapers:
http://ogigia.altervista.org/index.php?mod=none_Search&find=Dicono_di_noi.png&where=news
I write because i 'm fond of your game for so many years, "Reach for the Stars" and I was wondering if you could release as open source Linux (not commerciali use) for the original game of 1983 (3° version for Commodore 64?), not those you would have modern or damage to sales.
You would have a gain publicity.
Can I buy the game in some way in 1983 for useon Windows or Linux?
Best regards.
linuxitaly
Private
Private

Postby linuxitaly » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:56 pm

A person of the staff can give me an answer?
Thank you.
linuxitaly
Private
Private

Postby linuxitaly » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:40 pm

???
linuxitaly
Private
Private

Postby Roger Keating » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:17 am

I suppose I should respond to this.

I wrote the Apple II and Commodore 64 versions of the game in the early 1980's. It was a great game and I still have fond memories of it. However memories is about all that is left. With machine code along with Apple and Commodore specific code it is impossible to replicate the way in which it was made. I do not have the code any more and could not supply anything on a game that is 25 years old.

What I would like to do is to write a modern version of that game but that takes time and effort and there is no market for that sort of enterprise.

On the net you can find playable versions of the game that use Apple II and Commodore emulators and have packaged the proram from the original disks. I know I have played a number of my old games this way.

Sorry that I can be of no further help ..
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby linuxitaly » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:39 am

I found a file with which to start the game Reach for the stars, in version 3 of about 20 years ago in the emulator of the Commodore 64 called Vice. Can I give this file from my site? Good evening.
linuxitaly
Private
Private

Return to RFTS Discussion