Does installing this effect KP saves?

Discussion relating to SSG's Across the Dnepr

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Does installing this effect KP saves?

Postby flick » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:22 pm

The game crashes when I try and play my old saves, yet the the dnepr save works fine. Is there anything I can do?
flick
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Roger Keating » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:09 am

With the latest version of the game certain changes have been made to the game itself as well as scenarios.

If the screen comes up warning you that the scenario is different and do you want to continue there is a possibility that the system will crash as it is unable to match all the data elements together. Is this what is happening to you?

You haven't really outlined the problem in any great detail so I can't say much about what is happening.

If you wish me to comment further give me some details and I will see what I can do.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby Joe » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Are you talking about the recent version of AtD or the Korsun Pocket version????

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flick » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:15 pm

This is the old version of ATD for KP.

I had old KP saves, then I added ATD (KP edition) and now when I load up my saves, it say's 'EXE has encountered an error ect' and it crashes back to desktop.

I was wondering if it's possible to un-install ATD and get my old saves back?
flick
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby JSS » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:05 am

flick wrote:
...I was wondering if it's possible to un-install ATD and get my old saves back?

You shouldn't have to uninstall ATD. You will likely need to reapply the KP patch(es) ...think you should be able to simply apply the LAST KP patch and have things back to normal (for non-secure games).
JSS
Site Admin

Return to Across the Dnepr Discussion