Is SSG still alive??

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Re: Is SSG still alive??

Postby Chris Merchant » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Need a beta tester Roger... :D :-D

cheers
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Roger Keating » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:56 pm

Thank you for the praise and to state that we have not given up games design as yet. The problem. as ever, is to get the enthusiasm and encouragement to finish the projects. In recent discussions with Matrix we have established a working brief which should prove reliable for all parties. It means a lot more work for me but I suppose I have been a bit mellow lately, a result of growing old.

Now convinced that new product is required I will resume the keyboard and see what can be accomplished.

The fact that I need the income plays no part in these decisions.....

Give me time, and await further developments.

Roger
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby Roger Keating » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:02 pm

And to Chris, as an old timer like myself I need all the help I can get. As a South Australian I know you are of sound mind and body and can work with anything I throw at you.

It is great to see so many people who have been keen SSG supporters still posting and offering supportive advice. I am going to throw the third anniversary of Ian's death on the 3rd of August where a games / social day at my house is arranged. Anyone wishing to attend should contact me for details.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby Noakesy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Sounds interesting Roger, look forward to seeing what you come up with. DBWWII is still my favourite system, and whilst I tinker with various other games none of them comes close to KP, BiN, BiI and so on. :D

Hope your event on 3rd August goes well, alas for me a trip from UK to Australia would be a tad expensive. :wink:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sourdust » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Roger,

I have been playing SSG games since I was in high school, and I'm 41 now... I must have spent hundreds of hours playing the original battlefront and CaW series on a Commodore 64 and then a macintosh. And yes, even entering in new scenarios by hand out of a Run5 magazine! And then hundreds more hours on Warlords I and II... then TAO in my opinion kicked off the finest operational WW2 simulation ever created, and I am still playing the DBWW2 series today.

If it's encouragement you're needing, I can only add my word as a deeply satisfied customer of three decades!

SSG has always been a pathbreaker, and your products have serious staying power. They are compelling games, full stop. Please keep going.

Sourdust
sourdust
New Recruit

Postby Iberian » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Long time fan from Spain. You are not forgotten.
Iberian
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Treale » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:21 pm

I have most of the SSG games, and like them. But I can't get them to run correctly on my computer. The screen keeps flashing. I'm sure that it's my video card in conflict with something?
Treale
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JSS » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:02 am

Treale wrote:I have most of the SSG games, and like them. But I can't get them to run correctly on my computer. The screen keeps flashing. I'm sure that it's my video card in conflict with something?

Don't have a technical answer on this but can share my experience.

Have a similar issue when I play using my laptop monitor (its not constant but makes the games hard to play). When use my external monitor the flashing goes down 99%.
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby Treale » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:29 am

I've updated my drivers, changed the refresh rate, etc. But it still does it? I think that it might have something to do with the game screen resolution vs my monitor's resolution?
Treale
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Targ » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Long time Lurker here :D

I will echo what others have said in that my SSG folder since KP and onward have always been on my hard drive!

I would love to see more of what SSG has to offer in the future.
Targ
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Roger Keating » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:21 am

We are still around however a bit older but not a lot wiser. There will be an announcement on our future plans soon but as per our past practices it is better to wait till we have something set in concrete rather than just talk about it.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby Anguille » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi Roger,

Glad to hear you're ok. Looking forward to what your plans are.

Cheers
Anguille
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Roger Keating » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:51 am

Will be posting at the end of the month just to make it clear. So if nothing else make sure you log on then and comment / advise on the plans. Am looking forward to being a bit more active with the fans our games.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby Noakesy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Sounds interesting Roger, look forward to hearing more :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby nikdav » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:21 am

I check the year of this post many times..............and yes it is 2014.......SSG is alive :D
nikdav
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements/News