Is SSG still alive??

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Re: Is SSG still alive??

Postby Roger Keating » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:32 am

'Again' successful. Not sure what happened to the 'before' emails.

Roger
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby nikdav » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:05 am

I think that also my second shot went dispersed, i had no reply,
perhaps Italy is too distant so i could fire a salvo of three mail and make some :wink: smoke ?
nikdav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Roger Keating » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:46 am

Sent private message.....
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby Kingpin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:27 am

"SSG is pleased to announce that we are working on the release of a hex-based war game and will be scheduling a major announcement in the next couple of months."

This is great news. I'd love to get back into an SSG hex-based war game. Assuming it is a WWII based game?
Kingpin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby jeffthewookiee » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:45 am

Thrilled SSG has a new project going.

I composed the music for Battlefront and would like to once again offer my services, if desired. Just looking to add something new to my portfolio at this point, and to show my appreciation for the enjoyment SSG games have brought me.

http://soundcloud.com/jeffedwardsmusic/
jeffthewookiee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Roger Keating » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Thank for for the kind words. It is good to see that you are still active and completing music scores. Will be in contact...
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby mario vallee » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:05 pm

wow !!! that's good new :D
mario vallee
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby sorcerer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:54 am

Kingpin wrote:This is great news. I'd love to get back into an SSG hex-based war game. Assuming it is a WWII based game?

Exactly the same feeling here.

Looking forward to more details being revealed....again assuming/hoping it is a WWII based game....
Image Image Image Image Image Image
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby ccorraliza » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:56 am

I admit BII, BIN etc are the only games I play now.
ccorraliza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Roger Keating » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:34 pm

SSG is reduced to a very small number of workers but as I speak the website is being upgraded and progress on the new project is being made.

As is usual I am reluctant to go into any details at the moment but rest assured that we have not given up. I am currently the only programmer in the company and Gregor is handling the other jobs. The team is small and Steve Ford is working on material that looks excellent but it will not be released till we are confident that it is finished and tested.

There are a number of games that I would love to do so this next one better be a success so we can fund more people to create great strategy games. Thank you for your support.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby ccorraliza » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:13 am

Will any of the older engines such as BII or BF be used for future projects? The user created scenarios are excellent. It would be ideal if they had full AI for both sides as some are one sided. Even the hypotehtical blue-red game was interesting.

Well you know what I refer to.
ccorraliza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Roger Keating » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Since Ian's death, we have been quiet but Gregor and I are committed to getting a new game to market. After that, we have at least three new ones we would like to start. It has been the policy of SSG, especially working with distributors such as Matrix, that we don't talk about the projects until they are near release.

The one thing about being a game designer is the need to keep making the damn things. We still have a board game that is finished and one of these days I would love to release it. It is a delightful family game based on Warlords.

Gregor and I also teach the up and coming game makers for part of the week and it is encouraging to see the talent in the classes.

Anyway, back to the keyboard, VS 2013, SDL2 and all that code.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby ccorraliza » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:57 pm

Understood.

I recall when Novastar and some other company bundled all of the best user created scenarios and company done ones into Expansion or Campaign discs. I mentioned because with some sharp AI the ones here would be wonderful. Plus whatever was planned but never came to publication.

Well my opinion.

Just wanted to state your work is well regarded.
ccorraliza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Tbone3336 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Really glad to have read that there is development still ongoing! Am I missing the details of the announcement anywhere as to what is being worked on as I cannot find anything more than the announcement post? I do understand the small size of SSG now-a-days so I only hope they are still actively progressing. Either way best of luck to them no matter what direction they take, but wanted to offer my encouragement and will be on the lookout for any game they publish!
Tbone3336
New Recruit

Postby U2-fan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi all,

in a few months time three years have passed since the announcement that a game was being worked on. Is it still being worked on?

There seems to be a small core following that believe SSG made the best wargames and it's sad to see everything die. Maybe a Kickstarter for funding? Or perhaps let modders create games using your engine instead of releasing them for free? That way SSG and the modder would recieve money. Both France 1940 and Drive on Moscow 1941 should have been commercial games and not free.

Nothing is released on today's PC wargaming market that I want, not even Gary Grigby's WitE and WitW are any good. SSG is my last, best hope for PC wargaming. 15 years ago 100% of my purchases were wargames for the PC. Now 95% of my purchases are boardgames from GMT Games. Says a lot...
U2-fan
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements/News