Any Interest in a Fall Tournament?

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Abwehr » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:19 am

By the way: 40% refit chance for the Soviets is also quite generous, as I can also take more or less any kind of step losses as long as the unit taking them is not destroyed, and the unit will still be back in action in a couple of turns. I have only used a handful of actual replacement steps thus far.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:33 am

Indeed 40% is quite good. Do recall that units can only gain 1 refit step replacement per step (i.e. step loss can only be rebuilt once thru refit)... this is clearer in scenarios where the rebuilt refit step has a unit symbol present (Moscow does not have this). Other thing to consider is that refit rebuild usually must be conducted in a distant rear area (or they become part of frontline by default).

Don't recall having an abundance of full step replacements hanging around (of course my last game was against Sorceror and he kept the units very undermanned as a matter of continual fact).
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby Abwehr » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:01 am

Well, in order to receive the replacement step the unit, assuming it didn't do anything during its turn, only has to be in supply and not be adjacent to an enemy unit at the end of the previous or start of the next turn. That means my units are often refitting just a couple of hexes behind the frontline, especially those in the north facing mostly/only infantry. The units in the Torzhok area were full strength shortly after turn 10, maybe even sooner.

The lack of a refit indication on the steps also surprised me, I thought it was automatic.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:15 am

Abwehr wrote:The lack of a refit indication on the steps also surprised me, I thought it was automatic.

There's an area on the country.bmp that the scenario designer has to add the graphics.
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements/News