2012 Run5 Tournament #1 Bracket

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby mario vallee » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:11 am

Never saw 1.02 . The USA was surprised when the attack start. I don't understand how they could move first :roll:
mario vallee
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby JSS » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:03 am

mario vallee wrote:Never saw 1.02 . The USA was surprised when the attack start. I don't understand how they could move first :roll:

A while back we learned the tournament mode only allows the Allies to move first (i.e. US/BC in BiN).

What we did for the TAO5 tournament was to have the US have a down turn for turn 1 (i.e. the US side gets one less turn of moves than the Axis side).
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby Abwehr » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:30 am

Man, rolls really have a serious influence on 6th Panzer Armee, possibly even more so than on BiN scenarios.

I've rolled 17 1's in a game with Gen Alexandra thus far, which usually meant *-* Overruns failing several times in a row in particular is rather annoying.

The scenario heavily favours the defending player due to the CRT's, so just like it was difficult for me to make good initial progress due to some bad rolls (which was, over time, corrected by massing in a certain area) it's now difficult for Gen Alexandra to attack my units (also because the German defensive values are quite good overall).

The Germans also don't need to capture most/all objectives if they can destroy a fair amount of units without losing much. I'm scheduled to win by around 600 points currently, and I never got to Manhay, Werbromont, Stoumont or Monschau. I had expected defending to be a lot more difficult than it currently is. I have plenty of units to defend with, whereas the Allies can only make credible attacks in one or two sectors as aside from their armour, they don't have many units with good offensive strength, so they rely heavily on artillery (a lot of which was overran initially).

It will be interesting to see how the tournament games for the scenario go, particularly if there's a significant difference in the quality of the rolls.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:05 pm

Here is the Finals Bracket: Abwehr vs. mario vallee

JSS
Site Admin

Postby mario vallee » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:54 am

Thank for your time Martin. Tournament was fun. :)
mario vallee
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mario vallee » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:24 pm

BTW JSS, where is my Run5 2012 Tour of Duty Medal :?: :wink:
mario vallee
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Noakesy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:07 pm

mario vallee wrote:BTW JSS, where is my Run5 2012 Tour of Duty Medal :?: :wink:

Quite right too! :wink: :lol:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:53 am

Yes, am on my 4th-point-of-contact here for this. AAARGH! will get these out in a bit!
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements/News