2012 SSG Tournament No 1

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Abwehr » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:59 am

mario vallee has won as I surrendered after it seemed pointless to continue playing due to him sitting on more victory hexes as the Axis and both sides digging in on difficult terrain resulting in remaining turns where progress would depend mostly on luck.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:07 am

Congratulations to mario vallee, the Run5 2012 Tournament Champion!
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Noakesy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:44 am

Well played Mario, top result :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby mario vallee » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:35 am

Like usual, I did not have the chance to finish the Konrad scenario. It was a great game.
I was stress all the time because my opponent was very aggressive and kill more units then I did.
I think the difference was I focus more on the center objectives hexes. I did not really care about my right and my left where Abwehr destroy all the units I put there to tease him . :P Lots of fun. Hope to play again with you soon. :D
mario vallee
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Abwehr » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:24 am

Yes, it was a good game. As predicted, the opening disaster as the Soviets due to the automatic hex conversion and unit placement not being prepared for it more or less made it impossible to win.

Konrad is an odd scenario in the sense that there are basically only 4 objectives that really matter provided the Axis defenses don't fold. You captured all 4, and I captured 2 in the game where I was the Axis, which basically settled things early. Turn after turn of attacking difficult terrain CRT's wouldn't be much fun, so I decided to surrender.

Whilst testing the scenario against Pete AU, I was able to counterattack and nearly remove his forces from the map, but in the finals game that wasn't going to happen. As mario vallee stated, I could've rolled up his flanks, but that wouldn't have changed much as most of the points were gained in the Budapest scenario.

I still feel it's not a good idea that the hexes are supply sources, as it can lead to the odd situation that the hexes are cut-off from the edge of the map supply sources but still provide supply. In this case, that wasn't a problem but it was a problem in the game against Pete AU.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby mcperis » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:30 am

Well done Mario.. I dont feel so bad now.. losing to the champion! :)
mcperis
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Announcements/News