Will There Ever Be something "NEW"

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Will There Ever Be something "NEW"

Postby 88mm » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:35 am

Having all the installments of the decisive battles series, plus the battlefront and Kharkov. When where there being something new? In my opinion, though alright i never cared for battlefront and Kharkov. Mainly because i loved the divisional units. Having 4 units make up the Division, that was my favorite.

But after Battles in Italy, it seemed to just stop. Will there ever be any more deceive series?

I didn't purchase ATD2 because it seemed of the same anyhow, since i already own the addon, plus is divisional.

So whats new in the works, for Battle in Whatever series? If if anything at all, or if the DEV just decided to change ways, or go another path because it has been some time since a Battles game. Battles in France or Russia would be nice or the Balkans, but just something new.
88mm
New Recruit

Postby chris miller » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:32 pm

I agree. I miss the "Battles in ________" series. Not a big fan of the lower-level tactical stuff. Prior to Battlefront and everything after I was really hoping for "Battles in Russia" etc. along the same lines of KP, BiN, and BiI.

Given the precipitous drop in community and community based scenarios for the most recent games, I imagine sales are reflected in this. Thought this might be enough of a 'hint' for SSG.

At the very least we have BiN, BiI etc. which are great games which can't be given enough praise and are absolute classics which will stay on my hard drive for many years. Battlefront, however, I deleted within a year and I never even bothered with Kharkov...seems to be too much in the same vein as Battlefront to me.
chris miller
Major
Major

Postby 88mm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Yea i figure with the lack of news, and new games its because of sales. Its a real shame too, these are by far some of the best strategy/tactical games I've come across. Hell i even got my dear old dad into these, he was a big board gamer back in the 80's, with a lot of the Avalon Hill games.

I'm not sure what the amount of population thats into these type of games,but maybe they should focus more on advertising, but i'm sure they have done that enough. What type of series would you be lookin forward too.
"Lets call it a wishlist"

For me a must-- a Battles in Russia, thats the BIG one i want to see. Some others would be maybe some Late war stuff, like the German victory in Warsaw in 1944 or Berlin!

But i also want to see some early war battles to, like Poland-Balkans

I would say France, but fan based already made one there, and some Africa areas. AND any of these being divisional units.
88mm
New Recruit

Postby mcperis » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:42 pm

For what it is worth I too mourned the end of the Battles of... series... 4 units making up a division kept it more strategic.. IMHO Battlefront and Kharkov too tactical... anyway, this debate has been had and lost a long time ago... guess we need to soldier on with what we got!
mcperis
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Announcements/News