Coming clean - an Apology (please read)

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Coming clean - an Apology (please read)

Postby Lysimachus » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:17 am

Haven't really looked at my posting history, but this is something that is perhaps four years overdue? Nonetheless, an apology is in order. This is "Eyeball" or "Wacht am Rhein", depending on the name that you'd rather call me, and i'd like to offer you all a sincere apology.

After having my accounts disabled from Run5, (for good reason) I proceeded to newer pastures in the form of the Paradox Interactive forums which I registered at in October 2005. At that point I was still of course very young, and although my memory is vague I recall a poor quality of posting on that forum too. Surprisingly, I was able to get along with the forumers swimmingly until some period of time between 2007-2008. I was first banned for a week, for a reason which I can't remember why, and then some time after that was over I ended up getting banned for two years. Three quarters of a year later, I appealed that and was allowed back in. Unfortunately, I believe I started flaming in the subforum for their game "Rome" and ended up in being permanently banned.

After a brief stint on the Heavengames website, I came across a forum "Total War Center" from which derives the forum name from which I re-registered here with. During that time, i've gradually turned from a spammy poster (though with informative posts here and there) to one who was able to post constructively on a frequent basis. Yes, the forum is light-hearted since it involves a primarily teenage audience but even with that, there is constructive debate to be had. Recently when I went on holiday to Grenada during the brief downtimes we had between having family outings, I chose at some point to load up my laptop, took a brief look at the games on the desktop and started playing Korsun Pocket and Battles in Italy. Well what do you know, the old charm is still there and I happily game away at it. After a week the holiday ends and I fly back to England.

Playing those games had revitalised my in the games produced by SSG and I quickly entered the appropriate details in to Digitalriver so that I was able to download the games I had previously purchased so I could play them on my main computer too. With that, I of course inevitably stumbled upon the Matrix Games forums, and from there I went to the SSG website upon which I took a brief look at the old AARs.

With the background of the story finish, I proceed to the main point. I registered this account and thought that perhaps I should become a member here again and perhaps integrate inconspicuously without drawing too much attention to myself, however upon reviewing my older posts I strongly felt something had to be done about it. Therefore, I just want to say to you, Run5 community that I apologise for my shocking behaviour just under five years ago. I look back amazed. I posted absolute garbage, I could hardly string a sentence together and I didn't have a clue what I was on about. Pretty damn embarrassing. I laughed. Quite a lot actually. Then it dawned upon me, that it was I who wrote those posts. No-one else. Me. I tried to empathise with how I may have felt back then, but the posts were so illegible, ridiculous and half-witted that it was impossible. You all drew entertainment from it, some probably drew anger at it, due to the sheer incredible stupidity of it all. I was a complete joke. I'm sorry for all that I caused. I'm not asking for you to reactivate my account, in fact you can deactivate this once you've read this post but I just wanted to say what I have wanted to say. Over these five years, i've changed immensely. If you feel I am worthy of reintegration, then I am flattered at your leniency, if not then I just hope that you acknowledge what i've wrote.

Thanks,

Alex
Lysimachus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Targ » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 am

To complete your penance purchase Kharkov: Disaster on the Donet's and across the Dnepr v2

Also say three Hail Freddie's and call it good.
Targ
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby pete AU » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:01 pm

As Mark Twain once said.

'Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.'

I'm sure the apology is noted - welcome back.
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:05 pm

I dont post that often these days.. too busy trying to keep sane being a dad to two young kids. But your post has drawn me out of the cave that I have been hiding in. Technically Im still an Administrator, but I dont really play the role anymore.. but I do have the power to delete your account.

Im not going to. In fact I suggest that you continue to contribute to the forum using this new account... your old accounts are tarnished and they have some bad history associated with them.. (they may even be deleted or disabled I cant remember).

I admire you for coming back here and making that post. Good on you! You could have continued using the new account and not mentioning what you did and no one would have been any the wiser.

Welcome back.. good to read that you have 'grown up' - and happy gaming,
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Lysimachus » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 pm

The forgiveness you guys have shown is much appreciated, thanks again. After the Italy tourny though, the forum seems to have fallen a bit inactive?
Lysimachus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Announcements/News